Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 24 MXZ just arrived!

Chappy

14 hours ago, Murphy8166 said:

Turned out great!  I take it that it has the PEG Monsoon 450 (great motor) and quieter that the Ford's of the past.

Very happy with it (although it is quite a bit louder than my old VLX) plenty of power and easily gets to and maintains surf speed with plenty of throttle left. Was surfing fully loaded at 1000' and no issues.  Pics of wave to follow.

Beautiful boat and wave.  I see you have the smoke on the West Side as well.  People will only give you a hard time towing with that rig if they haven't had one, it is a good platform for that.  I hope the new Expedition/Navigator tows as well when I am looking to upgrade.  If you make it to the East Side..... 

27 minutes ago, wakesonthesnake said:

Beautiful boat and wave.  I see you have the smoke on the West Side as well.  People will only give you a hard time towing with that rig if they haven't had one, it is a good platform for that.  I hope the new Expedition/Navigator tows as well when I am looking to upgrade.  If you make it to the East Side..... 

Thanks @wakesonthesnake those pics are from Lake Chelan this week.

23 hours ago, Chappy said:

one more

IMG_1519001.jpg

Surfed a 17 mxz of the Wolfe sisters and that was a smokin wave,  there were no additional bow  sacs just locker pnp, best wave at Surfest 2017’at Lanier snd it was a Friday lesson boat, not in event .  Probably equaled or bettered an 2017 M235 with 1000 cushion bow sac from same event and better than a 2018 23 LSV with lead and bow sac surfed last year in fall.  It was also the more surfable equal to the centurion 25 if same event.  That wave needs some adjustment to get used to for my style though I LOVED IT.

all were great  to excellent. 24mxz was superior and from what I understand it’s the fleets flagship wakeboard wake on par or better than the lsv???

and even with pickle fork bow the 17 mxz cabin felt roomier than the 18 LSV 

interior of M235 felt smaller than both

Edited by granddaddy55
On 8/2/2018 at 8:26 PM, Murphy8166 said:

People are so confused with this and its really quite simple. 

GM + Indmar = Monsoon

Ford + Indmar = Monsoon

GM + Marine Power = Monsoon

Now for the bonus question worth 51% of the pass / fail grade....

GM + Malibu Marinized = _______________

Monsooooon lol

is it the PCM monsoon ???

Edited by edo
  • Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, edo said:

Monsooooon lol

is it the PCM monsoon ???

Yes... monsoon is Malibu’s brand name for the engine. For the start of 2019 they are using crusader challanger engines. Which is a division of pleasurecraft so not pcm but same parent company. The engines are still “named” monsoon because that’s malibus name. The 450 in @Chappy‘s boat is a crusader challenger 450. 

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Yes... monsoon is Malibu’s brand name for the engine. For the start of 2019 they are using crusader challanger engines. Which is a division of pleasurecraft so not pcm but same parent company. The engines are still “named” monsoon because that’s malibus name. The 450 in @Chappy‘s boat is a crusader challenger 450. 

I think everyone has used the “monsoon” name and some time or the other In the wake boat world 😂

8 hours ago, Cory said:

How did that dark vinyl fair in the sun?  Did it get too hot to touch?  So, did you end up with the Ford Raptor 450?

It does fine unless it is really hot, like 100 or so.

6 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Correct!

On 8/2/2018 at 4:23 PM, Chappy said:

While I agree it is not ideal, it does better than I thought it would be and it seems to do just fine. I only do a couple long trips a year of about 200 miles the rest of the time I am 8 miles from the lake so I am not too concerned.

It’ll do fine just keep an eye on your trans temp on longer road trips.  I would also change the transmission fluid and filter at least every 50k miles.  

20 minutes ago, Norm02 said:

It’ll do fine just keep an eye on your trans temp on longer road trips.  I would also change the transmission fluid and filter at least every 50k miles.  

Good idea.  Not to go so far off track but I did Amsoil in my Expedition and picked up a tiny bit of fuel mileage gain (1/4 to 1/2 mpg) and it also seemed to perform a  bit better when towing.  All upper trim levels have the tow package with the bigger transmission coolers.

I have never put in at Chelan although I have worked there and spent a couple of weekends.  It is a nice place, beautiful water but have heard it was quite choppy.  How was it and how does the different bow shape handle it compared to a traditional bow.  I have never spent time on the water in one but I like the idea and looks of it.

1 minute ago, wakesonthesnake said:

I have never put in at Chelan although I have worked there and spent a couple of weekends.  It is a nice place, beautiful water but have heard it was quite choppy.  How was it and how does the different bow shape handle it compared to a traditional bow.  I have never spent time on the water in one but I like the idea and looks of it.

Beautiful lake, the water and scenery is amazing. It can get choppy with wind and boat waves as it is "big water" but as long you are done wakeboarding or surfing by 10 or 11 you are fine then it is cruising, tubing and cliff jumping in the afternoon.  You should check it out!

This boat is night and day difference in the rough water compared to my 08 VLX!  That is part of why I wanted the 24 as we spend so much time on Chelan.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, srintx said:

@Chappydid you go with the MXZ Sound Pack?  If so, how does it sound?

I did, it is adequate as I am not a big audiofile so it is fine for my needs.  Some of the hardcore stereo guys would probably not like it.

I would like to check it out but I am doing good to get the crew on the water by 10.  Guess I will have to stick to Lake Roosevelt for long weekends.  I am glad to hear it handles bigger water so well, sounds like you made the right choice. 

Congrats, nice looking boat.

I have a friend who was up at Chelan the prior week with his VTX, and is going back next week. He said the smoke started coming last Saturday just before they left.

3 hours ago, obski said:

Congrats, nice looking boat.

I have a friend who was up at Chelan the prior week with his VTX, and is going back next week. He said the smoke started coming last Saturday just before they left.

Smoke hasn't been very bad, just a couple of nights of campfire smell.