Sign in to follow this  
malibucanuck

Lumbar Bladder

malibucanuck

Hi everyone,

I'm redoing the intire interior of my 93 Eshelon with new skins from Chee (they look fantastic).

I've come across one problem: In the drivers seat there is a bladder that inflates to give some lumbar support(has a little pump on the side of the seat) .

When I removed the old skin the bladder turned to dust. While the manufacturer was on the back, they have since gone out of business. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and found someone who makes a replacement. I'm under the gun as the fella thats doing the install for me is going to need it soon.

Any help or ideas would be great.

Doug

edwin

Since the bladder mfr is no more, I'd skip the bladder on the re-do and just have the interior guy make it into a normal seat. Good luck..post some pics!

WakeGirl

Maybe consider a heated seat since you don't have the skins on yet. :)

doughickey

My 1998 RLX has the so-called "lumbar support". When I first tried it I thought "that's it ???" Not much bladder movement". Probably looked good in a Malibu brochure back when.... but in practice was kinda useless.

My take = it's not worth any effort to try and source a replacement. I agree with Tracie and Edwin..... forget about it.

Edited by doughickey

VinRLX

canuck, I'm going to disagree with my esteemed colleagues. The lumbar in my seat works well and I wouldn't be without it. If you don't want to deal with getting a replacement, I would at least add some extra foam, to your preference of density and thickness, in that area. Your seat is different, I'm sure, so YMMV.

The heated seat? If there's any way you can do it, DO IT! We use ours often on chilly mornings throughout the summer in addition to constantly in the spring/fall. My wife is reticent to leave the helm after I ski, but unfortunately I love to drive.

MALIBU, BRING ON THE HEATED PASSENGER SEAT!!! I'll gladly pay the option fee when I buy my new boat.

Edited by VinRLX

99response

On the older echelons how many accessory switches are there? May not be room to add a heated seat. Also, you'll have to source a new circuit breaker, as those power seats draw from a 30 amp circuit, which isn't found on those older boats.

Chris

onamission

I don't think that need a 30 amp breaker to run a heated seat the draws 1.5 amps. Check out SeatHeater.com, there the company that Malibu uses. They come with there own switch and fuse. They might have one that you can put on the observer seat too.