Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

screen keeps resetting

undefeatable001

I just purchased an 09 VLX. 328 hours. The screen keeps rebooting during use. I do not lose power. Batteries are both new. I have seen this issue in threads from 2009 but cant find the cause.

I emailed Malibu. They said to check the RCA cable. Doesnt make sense because RCA cables do not supply power. This is my 1st boat.

Our '09 maliview screen would turn black then randomly come back on or would need to have batteries turned off then on earlier this year. What version of software are you running? We updated ours to Va17 and it fixed the issue all together. Dealer did tell me '09's had to have the Viper box replaced though back when they first came out under warranty. Hopefully a version update will solve your issue like ours. I have read a lot of guys having to replace the Viper box. I was quoted $1650 Canadian and at least a 3 week waiting period to have one made. Inbox me if you have any questions

• 1 year later...
On 7/30/2018 at 3:31 PM, undefeatable001 said:

I just purchased an 09 VLX. 328 hours. The screen keeps rebooting during use. I do not lose power. Batteries are both new. I have seen this issue in threads from 2009 but cant find the cause.

I emailed Malibu. They said to check the RCA cable. Doesnt make sense because RCA cables do not supply power. This is my 1st boat.

Hey, did you get this resolved?  My boat is at the dealership, been there a week.  Software update did not resolve the issue.  May I ask if you got this fixed and the details of what it was that ultimately fixed the issue?

Thanks