Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ws420 SQ left output not working

hethj7

The left side (cabins and tower on separate amps) quit working.  By switching RCAs around, I verified I have signal out of the black box and all my cables are good.  Bypassing the WS, I can get sound again so I am pretty sure it is an issue with the WS left output RCAs.  

Is there an internal fuse or anything on the WS I should be checking, or is it time to yank it out for troubleshooting/repair?

19 hours ago, hethj7 said:

The left side (cabins and tower on separate amps) quit working.  By switching RCAs around, I verified I have signal out of the black box and all my cables are good.  Bypassing the WS, I can get sound again so I am pretty sure it is an issue with the WS left output RCAs.  

Is there an internal fuse or anything on the WS I should be checking, or is it time to yank it out for troubleshooting/repair?

Same thing happened to me except it was the right side channel missing - just on the "Main" selection though.  I have the 420BT and both the Bluetooth and AUX settings work fine - so I put what was on the main inputs on AUX and I'll live with that until I send it in to be fixed in the Fall.  Talked with a tech at Wet Sounds and from the way he talked I got the impression that it was not difficult for them to fix and that he had seen it before.

Try putting your RCAs on the AUX inputs.

@minnmarker  I'm not at the boat and just going off web pics, but it looks like the main input is a L and R RCA whereas the AUX has a single 3.5mm input and single output. Is there a way to run the run the BB RCA's into that AUX input easily, or did you use a different source all together.   I like maintaining the functionality of the screens, but looks like easiest way right now is to bypass the blackbox all together and just plug my phone into the AUX.    Am I missing something?

You need a typical 3.5mm male x RCA male and a couple female x female RCA adapters. Probably easier to get your hands on then a 3.5mm male x rca female. If you are comfortable that the main RCA at the EQ are good, just convert to a 3.5mm right at the EQ and connect to the AUX in. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MLA said:

You need a typical 3.5mm male x RCA male and a couple female x female RCA adapters. Probably easier to get your hands on then a 3.5mm male x rca female. If you are comfortable that the main RCA at the EQ are good, just convert to a 3.5mm right at the EQ and connect to the AUX

I had an XM radio with a 3.5 output jack and adapter to male RCAs (I wanted the XM on Main) so to workaround I just put a 3.5 to 3.5 cable in its place into AUX.  Not sure if the sound is as good as the RCA path but I really can't tell a difference.

Thanks for the help.  I swapped inputs and it worked.  Definitely an issue with the WS420.  Disappointing as it it just over a year old and barely has a seasons worth of run time on it.  

1 hour ago, Murphy8166 said:

I think you’ll be fine.  There are thousands in use and working just fine!!

Lol, like rubbing salt in my wounds.  I know it is a great product,  but of course mine is one hat breaks.  Lol.  

17 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Lol, like rubbing salt in my wounds.  I know it is a great product,  but of course mine is one hat breaks.  Lol.  

Have you called Wetsounds?  Maybe they’ll overnight you a new one. 

33 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Have you called Wetsounds?  Maybe they’ll overnight you a new one. 

Not yet.   The aux input works and we leave tomorrow for a week long trip, so we will be fine.   I am sure wetsounds will take care of me - it just isn’t a priority quite yet with everything else I got going on right now.  And just a minor inconvenience to have to pull it, shop it, and re-i stall.