Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Windshield Problems

Hey crew! I have a 2016 23LSV and I’m having a problem with the windshield that I need some advice with. When the walkthrough is closed and I hit a wave, sometimes it gets knocked down past the stop, and I push it back out. Today I hit a surf wave (of another boat), and it dropped below the stop and is on the wrong side. I can’t muscle the opening wide enough to get it back through. I tried removing the hinge pins, but I don’t want to break them. Do I just hammer them out like a regular hinge? Has anyone ever experienced this? Thanks!!

Does your windshield have support stantions on either side of the opening? Removing them may allow you to flex the windshield out enough to pop the window back through. 

The flange on the window should always catch the frame of the windshield.  Since yours doesn't, the correct fix involves loosening the windshield and sliding it inward to adjust the gap.