Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

22 mxz or 23 lsv?

pizazz

Hello,

I can’t decide between the 22 mxz and the 23lsv. I wakeboard most of the time and barely surf. The mxz I’m looking at is a 2016 and the lsv I’m looking at is a 2015. Also, how does the rough water ride in the mxz compare to the lsv? Thanks 

What motor does the 23 lsv have? In 2015 the 5.7/350 was the base. In 2016, base motor went to the 6.2 raptor. The engine upgrade alone is probably worth going for the 22 mxz especially if you wakeboard with full ballast plus pnp (assuming the 23 lsv doesn’t have an engine upgrade). 

9 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

What motor does the 23 lsv have? In 2015 the 5.7/350 was the base. In 2016, base motor went to the 6.2 raptor. The engine upgrade alone is probably worth going for the 22 mxz especially if you wakeboard with full ballast plus pnp (assuming the 23 lsv doesn’t have an engine upgrade). 

They both have the corvette ls3 engine 

Also, is the illusion g3 tower any worse than the g4? I don’t want to have the tower shaking like crazy lol. One mxz I’m looking at is 2015 and it has the g4 tower and the 2016 has the g3. 

1 minute ago, pizazz said:

They both have the corvette ls3 engine 

‘16 also has 5 year warranty vs 3 year on the 15. They can’t both have the ls3. Malibu switched to ford in 2016. 

6 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

‘16 also has 5 year warranty vs 3 year on the 15. They can’t both have the ls3. Malibu switched to ford in 2016. 

My apologies, the 2015 23 lsv (g3 tower) has the ls3 and the 2016 22mxz has the monsoon 410 (g3 tower) I’m also looking at a 2015 22mxz with the ls3 (g4 tower)

I’m leaning towards the 2016 mxz because of the warranty and it only has 74 hours. But on the other hand it’s 10k more than a 2015 23lsv. I have heard that the mxz throws a better wake than the 23lsv too.

22 hours ago, pizazz said:

My apologies, the 2015 23 lsv (g3 tower) has the ls3 and the 2016 22mxz has the monsoon 410 (g3 tower) I’m also looking at a 2015 22mxz with the ls3 (g4 tower)

I'm very early on with the Monsoon Raptor 410 in an 18 23LSV.  I'm happy with the performance overall, and it's plenty of engine at sea level.  However, I was testing out different ballast set ups the other night with 7 guys on the boat and my version of maxed out (580s in the lockers, 500 in the bow) it was struggling a bit at full wedge.  FWIW, the boat didn't need that much weight to build the wave I wanted, but the point being, you can't have too much engine.  The 410 is 350hp. the LS3 is something like 425/450 if I remember.  I would love to have that extra power available whether or not I use it.

Also, my experience with the GM block vs the Raptor is quieter and smoother operation.

I'd love to have a pickle fork for the space up front, but I'd have a hard time not taking the LS3 and the extra foot!

On 7/27/2018 at 11:22 PM, Cole2001 said:

Didn’t the mxz get refreshed in 17? I wouldn’t particularly want the older 22mxz so for me it would be the lsv any day. 

The LSV got refreshed in 2018, so he’s looking at last generation for both models.