Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Axis MBB Head Unit

nbacher

does anyone know how to set which source the HU defaults to when first powering up your boat? mine defaults to the sirius module ( which i do not have) every time even though all I use is the bluetooth, super annoying to have to switch thru the sources every time i start up the boat. 

Thanks ! 

12 hours ago, nbacher said:

does anyone know how to set which source the HU defaults to when first powering up your boat? mine defaults to the sirius module ( which i do not have) every time even though all I use is the bluetooth, super annoying to have to switch thru the sources every time i start up the boat. 

Thanks ! 

No way around it that i know of. I used the stock unit for about a month before i ditched it for the wetsounds unit. That stock unit is straight garbage. Best upgrade yet. 

yeah,  ive been looking into that as well. just sucks to loose the auto vol, really like that feature. Would be nice if wetsounds came out with a patch to make this work with the MC1

• 1 year later...
On 7/30/2018 at 11:01 AM, agarabaghi said:

maybe the 2019 headunit whatever it is will retro fit into a 2017 / 2018

^ Anyone have any input on this? Wondering if there's a newer HU that fits in the same old spot?

Axis wired the radio into the ignition switch and this is a very poor design in this type of start & stop application.

There is a simple solution to this.

Supplies:

An inline fuse you can buy from autoparts store.  I forgot which size fuse I used but I can check it.

Electrical pliers.

Red Wire

Wire butt connector

1) Turn off the power selector switch on your batteries for safety.

2) You cut the red wire that feeds the radio controller box near the batteries (not the controller) with power

3) jump the power to the head unit from an available power source. nearby.  I used the power supply that feeds the amps, but you can use whatever is hot with the ignition OFF.

Now, the only risk is that you shut your boat of for the day and forgot to turn your radio off thus draining your batteries overnight...but you will never do this.

Problem solved!

I have a picture of this but I am trying to figure out how to post it.....