Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How bout some reviews

OnlyInboards

I've been working on a site called WakeReviews.com and would love for all the Malibu owners to review and comment on the Malibu boats on the site. Currently, and I know this wont' help.... but I'm a Nautique owner. an old sport nautique, but I think that I've been converted people. I'm tenatively planning on replacing it with a vRide in the next 5 - 8 months. Any thoughts on that series from Malibu? My Nautique is 19'6 I think so the ride series would fit my lift easily. anyway, any feedback here or on the site would be great. Thanks!

I have an 06 V-ride and love it! It has been a great boat and the only problems I have had have been very minor. (broken ballast pump, rear seat caving in when stepped on) I replaced the ballast pump with one from the dealer and they fixed the seat issue. We have put 90 hours or so on it since late April and hope to get plenty more use out of it before it gets too cold! If you have any specific questions I would be glad answer them if I can....there are several other folks on this site that have been very helpful to me as well.

By the way, a good friend of mine has owned a Nautique for 10 years or so and it too has been a great boat. I have been out on it more times than I can count....it's the reason I went with an inboard! Of course owners of other boats will catch a little good natured ribbing on this site but everyone is pretty friendly!

Good luck!

Great. I wasn't sure what the rules of the forum were. I didn't want to offend anyone by posting the link but since you asked :)http://www.wakereviews.com There is an entire section for Malibu's. I just have the 06 models on there now, but am getting the info from Malibu soon for the 07 Models. They've been a great help sending over images and info for the site.

As for the boat... i guess the other reason I was considering the V series is because of cost. figure next year around 35k or so I could pick one up possibly. Would you recommend an older but more "top of the line" Malibu or the newer Ride series which is priced so reasonably? For me, I really don't cruise on the boat, just use it for wakeboarding and skiing, etc. Use the Pontoon for the boozin :)

Anyway, thanks for the replies, this is a great forum. I'll add a link to it from my site:

http://www.wakereviews.com

Hey Adam - is that an S4? Got any other pics. I used to have an '00 S4 that I modded out pretty good. But... well.... uhh... i sold it for an egagement ring! (yes, it was worth it!)

Edited by wakereviews
Great. I wasn't sure what the rules of the forum were. I didn't want to offend anyone by posting the link but since you asked :)http://www.wakereviews.com There is an entire section for Malibu's. I just have the 06 models on there now, but am getting the info from Malibu soon for the 07 Models. They've been a great help sending over images and info for the site.

As for the boat... i guess the other reason I was considering the V series is because of cost. figure next year around 35k or so I could pick one up possibly. Would you recommend an older but more "top of the line" Malibu or the newer Ride series which is priced so reasonably? For me, I really don't cruise on the boat, just use it for wakeboarding and skiing, etc. Use the Pontoon for the boozin :)

Anyway, thanks for the replies, this is a great forum. I'll add a link to it from my site:

http://www.wakereviews.com

Hey Adam - is that an S4? Got any other pics. I used to have an '00 S4 that I modded out pretty good. But... well.... uhh... i sold it for an egagement ring! (yes, it was worth it!)

I enjoyed the site. Good luck with it. I noticed that you have photos of the Response lxi and Response lx reversed in your reviews for your info.

I enjoyed the site. Good luck with it. I noticed that you have photos of the Response lxi and Response lx reversed in your reviews for your info.

D'oh! Malibu must have mislabeled them when they fedex'ed the disk. (i mean, it COULDN"T be my fault :) ). I'll fix it right away!

Nope.. just a modded A4... couple things done to her.. ARE YOU CRAZY!!! You should traded me the S4, sold the A4 and got an engagement ring!! hahah

Here are more picz from a while back when I was selling it.. Shocking.gif

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2266547

Decided to keep it for a while because I Love it!! Yahoo.gif

Timeless design of the B5. =)

Nope.. just a modded A4... couple things done to her.. ARE YOU CRAZY!!! You should traded me the S4, sold the A4 and got an engagement ring!! hahah

Haha. Here's a pic of my S4. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebrown5/210...57594229316293/

I had the stage II+ conversion, eibach coilovers to lower it, bbs rims, the lltek rear spoiler... that car was the best car i've ever owned.... hands down. I will go back to Audi one day, but 3 kids and a boat to haul put me in the SUV market.

Edited by wakereviews

Haha. Here's a pic of my S4. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebrown5/210...57594229316293/

I had the stage II+ conversion, eibach coilovers to lower it, bbs rims, the lltek rear spoiler... that car was the best car i've ever owned.... hands down. I will go back to Audi one day, but 3 kids and a boat to haul put me in the SUV market.

Man, thats bad @$$!!! I love it.. hehe... Im sort of looking for a truck as well, i have a lifted 76 chevy 4x4 corvette yellow with a gold pearl.. but she never seems to run right.. haha I would like a nice lifted titan with some forged wheels.. =) too bad shes outta my boundaries right now..

Newt Juice Wakeboard Binding Lube: $5.95 PDF Print E-mail

Tuesday, 19 September 2006

New Deal Fix Stix is the original skate tool. It comes with everything you need from a wheel wrench, truck wrench, hardware wrench, and bearing tool.

Read more...

Your description of the binding lube seems to indicate it is a skate tool as well....how does that work?

Well, that looks like an issue with link I got from The House. I'll email them and find out. When you click it, it goes to a skate tool, but it should be lube... interesting!

Great. I wasn't sure what the rules of the forum were.

The scary thing is that some of them will run right with the Pimpala, well until you hit the nitrous that is. :lol:

Apparently if you put something up about Audi and how awesome a ride they make, you can get away with pretty much anything on the site after that.

Apparently if you put something up about Audi and how awesome a ride they make, you can get away with pretty much anything on the site after that.

Little faith my friend.. ;) I've got friends with all motor 4 cylinder (daily drivers) that eat supercharged vettes... now whats so hard to believe about a four door family car keep up with an impala? considering i am next to Mustang GT's and im only slightly modded. =) (of course i do have the big turbo setup in the garage waiting for me to run next to big power cars)

hehe.. I love modding...

P.S. didnt mean to thread jack.. www.wakereviews.com be there or be square. =)

Edited by Adam

Errrrmm, I guess I'm easily distracted.

Great. I wasn't sure what the rules of the forum were.

You can view the Terms of Use for the site by clicking this link.

Well, Troy would have to comment on the specifics, I can't even remember what its 1/4 mile time is (I want to think that it's an 11 second car). He's got little stickers on the rear windows that say something to the effect of "don't open above 150mph". I can't remember what year it is (96'?), but it's the last body style of the true muscle-car Impalas (rear wheel drive) & the modding that we've done to our Audis is child's play in comparison with what he's done. How many motors are you on now Troy? :lol:

If we want to continue talking cars, I may split off our posts & create a new thread on the subject. It's fun, but I don't want to continue hijacking the OP's thread.

I'm tenatively planning on replacing it with a vRide in the next 5 - 8 months. Any thoughts on that series from Malibu? My Nautique is 19'6 I think so the ride series would fit my lift easily. anyway, any feedback here or on the site would be great. Thanks!

I also have a 06 Vride and love it. Have about 40 hours on the boat with zero problems. Many personal decisions go into the "right boat" for you, but this one is perfect for my lift and boating needs. For wakeboarding I would get the optional tanks in the back (at least it was an option in the 06 model), and I'd vote for the new manual wedge in the 07 model or the power wedge. I've had really good success in just using my power wedge at diff angles to get a really nice shaped wake with a few people on board. The Vride is basically the 04 VLX hull. Good luck.