Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Long waves

The Hulk

38 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

That looks a lot safer than the 4 inches off the platform that we were getting last week when we tried surfing my VTX for the first time.

Do you have any extra weight up front? That really helped lengthen the wave behind our VTX.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, 1984ta said:

Do you have any extra weight up front? That really helped lengthen the wave behind our VTX.

Wasn't any weight in the front, even stock ballast.  Just hit the factory surf left preset that filled up the left rear and center tank, puts the wedge down and sets the speed somewhere around 10 mph.

I'll start another thread for this, I'm guessing that there are a couple things we can change to make it work a little better. 

Edited by oldjeep
3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Bumped the wife's speed up to 11.2-11.3 today she was way back there! 

20180727_111848.jpg

20180727_111846.jpg

Bump on up to 13 and watch it stretch. My daughter surfs at that speed and it’s as mellow as I can get it. 

14 hours ago, spikew919 said:

Bump on up to 13 and watch it stretch. My daughter surfs at that speed and it’s as mellow as I can get it. 

I've tried this, was just barely able to keep up  at 14 mph. 

11.2 is my normal speed; i even reset my goofy preset to 11.2 and my regular preset to 11.0. I run wedge one click up from ramp on goofy side. This morning I bumped it up to 11.5 with an extra click of wedge. Wave was huge, took some getting used to. Ultimately I went back to my usual  But yeah, we never go below 11.0. Same on the 25 last year  

That pic looks like very minimal wedge. 

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

11.2 is my normal speed; i even reset my goofy preset to 11.2 and my regular preset to 11.0. I run wedge one click up from ramp on goofy side. This morning I bumped it up to 11.5 with an extra click of wedge. Wave was huge, took some getting used to. Ultimately I went back to my usual  But yeah, we never go below 11.0. Same on the 25 last year  

Must of missed u went back down to a 23? Why?

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

Didn't grab the 11.2-11.3 pic but this is our standard wedge position

Screenshot_20180611-203112_Gallery.jpg

20180727_111509.jpg

Edited by The Hulk
6 hours ago, IXFE said:

Where do you run wedge on the regular side?

19 minutes ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

Where do you run wedge on the regular side?

A few clicks more aggressive than goofy, depending on the weight of the surfer; basically the same as you see in @The Hulk‘s pic above 

i beleive the regular side needs more wedge. But I’m a goofy surfer so I’m always guessing about the regular side just by looking. 

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, IXFE said:

A few clicks more aggressive than goofy, depending on the weight of the surfer; basically the same as you see in @The Hulk‘s pic above 

i beleive the regular side needs more wedge. But I’m a goofy surfer so I’m always guessing about the regular side just by looking. 

Which prop are you running?

On 7/28/2018 at 8:59 AM, The Hulk said:

Yeah she was way back there in the sub 120-pound District.. I'd be sinking back there.. 

Why, I’m 50!to 60 over wife and I surf further back , technique and rear foot shuffle !

1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

Why, I’m 50!to 60 over wife and I surf further back , technique and rear foot shuffle !

I'm old that's too much work! Ha

On 7/28/2018 at 6:37 PM, The Hulk said:

Didn't grab the 11.2-11.3 pic but this is our standard wedge position

Screenshot_20180611-203112_Gallery.jpg

Not sure I’d be able to stand listening to the engine screaming at 4100rpm for long.....guessing 4300 at 11.3? 

Im assuming you have a fairly small diameter prop?

Edited by TenTwentyOne
6 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Not sure I’d be able to stand listening to the engine screaming at 4100rpm for long.....guessing 4300 at 11.3? 

Im assuming you have a fairly small diameter prop?

11.3 isnt much more rpm in the 25lsv compared to the 23lsv from my short experience in a 23lsv (2016) same year. bow is lower on the 25lsv which helps prop angle. i'll have to check again. going to upgrade to a 2277 prop to see how the rpms lower... 

who can hear the engine? you must be playing the wrong music! ha

• Like 2
11 hours ago, mikeo said:

I can see it now, we've gone from "hold my beer" to "hold my tape measure". It's no longer how much weight the boat is pushing, but how far back you can surf and stay in the wake. I like this challenge, it's time to break out the longboard!

I do it every weekend just to see how far back I can get and barely pump or not and stay there , foam engulfing back of my Board, it’s fun.  I test my skill and dance and see if I can stay there without looking, I know I’m wierd

i do the opposite and surf the foam ball as close to the boat as I can get, actually surfing past the middle line of swim deck, hovering and not fading back while doing Board slides , it’s like a Flowrider. 

Its like crawfish eating when asking the Cajun why he sucks the head , “ de dont jus sell da tails no”

i paid for that wave and I wsnt to surf every single inch of it! and I constantly strive to make it longer and taller and cleaner , so I have more to surf.  Finally Went over 11 mph last weekend and it’s insane long fir a 20 footer but we list extensively 

try your foam ball and the foam further back , it’s like the off shore surfers doing lip stalls

Edited by granddaddy55