Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone use Ozone for Smells / Mildew?

I have carpet and a lift and sometimes depending on whether and when I have to cover up the boat and go home it isnt completely dry. I have a little 5 watt air dryer I could try, but I hate running AC down the dock with 70 year old home wiring. My only ground is the well pipe :)

Has anyone tried an ozone generator? Would it hurt the vinyl.

Edited by 95echelon

If you don't want to run a 5W dryer, how are you going to run an ozone generator?

You can get one of those little solar powered fans to vent the boat out.

Thought the ozone would do better on smell. I can run one off a battery on a timer. I could probably do the same with the Dryer though with solar.

I did realize your point though right after I posted. :blush:

You would need AC, but I bought a small carpet dryer fan at Northern tool about 10 years ago that works great for getting the boat dried out in the garage, also works good if the cover is wet I just put it inside - cover it up and let it blow for a day

After Katrina they used ozone generators inside of freezers and coolers that rotted for weeks and much more with seafood at restaurants and seafood markets 

restaurant owners said totally wiped out smell and health departments gave them a go. 

Ozone works

Edited by granddaddy55