Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 LSV 7" and Stereo Issues

So I had a previous post about my stereo not powering, and that was an easy fix (power cord wasn't locked in and fell out).

But new issues this evening (at ~10 hours).

1) My first power up of the stereo the cabin amp was blinking red and no audio.  A quick power off/on at the 7" and it came on properly.

2) The mixer on the 7" screen is 100% unresponsive.  As in when I try to work the volume the buttons "depress" but nothing happens. Everything else (switches) seems to work as intended.

Any ideas or history with this?  Feels like a computer glitch.  I can take it in to the dealer to look at it, but hopefully there is a trick!

Thanks guys.

I’ve had #2 happen recently. I have to turn battery switch off then back on to fix it. My software is 2 years old. They have updates. I may do the update over the winter. 

If you change the zones on the 7" screen, will the sport knob change the volume? Pressing the icons on the screen is a little unresponsive or slow sometimes.

Oh yeah, I can manage it with the knob!  That does work and is actually probably an ok solution.  But it's kind of ridiculous that the screens are still so buggy after all these years.

Haven't cycled the battery yet, but hopefully that brings the screen back to normal.  If not, the knob control will at least get me through the season before I need to have the dealer look at it.

Thanks for the advice.

ahopkins22LSV

I only use the knob too. That way you don't have to get to the mixer screen. When my kid goes down for a nap, just toggle to interior, then turn it all the way down then toggle to tower so us adults can still listen to some music.