Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY Trashcan Shoot/Hatch?

CBray4

Wondering if anyone has rigged some sort of trashcan shoot/hatch in their boat? Thinking of tackling this project in the off season in our 18 A24. I have a few ideas that may work. 

I was thinking of doing the same thing. My idea was to move the trash can behind the cooler (starboard side storage on '17 23 LSV). I'm not sure yet how I will secure the trash can back there but was thinking beefy velcro might work. Then I'm going to take the most rearward cup holder out and cut the bottom out of it. I'm going to cut it at the point where it increases in size so that you have maximum shoot diameter. That cup holder sits right above where I would put the can so, in theory, you should be able to just drop the trash through that last cup holder. No cutting fibreglass and the boat looks perfectly stock. If I have to I may even add some flexible tubing (like a heater tube) to the bottom of the cup holder so I can more precisely direct the trash into the can (I don't want it landing on top of the cooler...that's just gross).