Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 24 MXZ vs 2018 model

aralizadeh

23 hours ago, greg2222 said:

thank you all , I'll try move batteries to the right side but this is definitely wrong design and there is no any sound insulation on this boat I have no idea why is just fiberglass that's why boat is so loud. 

All of that this is new $170,000.00 (sticker price $206k)  boat .

boat 1.jpg

Love that interior!

23 hours ago, greg2222 said:

thank you all , I'll try move batteries to the right side but this is definitely wrong design and there is no any sound insulation on this boat I have no idea why is just fiberglass that's why boat is so loud. 

All of that this is new $170,000.00 (sticker price $206k)  boat .

boat 1.jpg

Beautiful.

Crazy if it is leaning as much as that photo shows, that does seem a bit extreme for just adding an extra battery (and shouldn't the thrusters balance each other out weight wise?)  Almost like they left a bag of led under the floor for you :-O.

4 hours ago, gregtay said:

Beautiful.

Crazy if it is leaning as much as that photo shows, that does seem a bit extreme for just adding an extra battery (and shouldn't the thrusters balance each other out weight wise?)  Almost like they left a bag of led under the floor for you :-O.

I was looking at getting thrusters for the wife and the dealer talked me out of it. From what I understand it is basically one pump that takes up the entire seat under the observer seat on a 25LSV. With a hose to the front and diverter valves. So the large pump, all the hoses and a battery on observers side. 

This is how it looks , I'm planning to take all 3 batteries for storage to the space under dash but as you see on the picture will be a little challenging . First I have to fix all manufacture mess , this is not looking like new generation boat- looks like 1980 searay . Yesterday I check exactly 250 pounds on right side to balance boat so when 3 batteries (120-130pound)will be taken from left to right should work . Them I have to remove thrusters sealed and install again . As you see on picture thruster in not even screw to the mounting plate . 

ahopkins22LSV

Thanks for sharing those pictures, I’ve never seen a boat with the thrusters installed. Can’t say I’d order it seeing that. Instead of moving the batteries as that’s going to be a ton of work, I’d buy lead wake bags from here: https://www.leadwake.com/ and just stash them in the starboard side. They take up minimum space and are pretty fairly priced. You’d only need 5 bags to offset the weight. Then the majority of your time can be spent back out on the water. That is a beautiful boat. 

• Like 3

That looks terrible. Sorry you are dealing with that. I would like to think that your dealer would be able to relocate the batteries and clean that mess up. 

2 hours ago, greg2222 said:

This is how it looks , I'm planning to take all 3 batteries for storage to the space under dash but as you see on the picture will be a little challenging . First I have to fix all manufacture mess , this is not looking like new generation boat- looks like 1980 searay . Yesterday I check exactly 250 pounds on right side to balance boat so when 3 batteries (120-130pound)will be taken from left to right should work . Them I have to remove thrusters sealed and install again . As you see on picture thruster in not even screw to the mounting plate . 

The mess under the helm is normal and yours actually looks far better than mine did from the factory. I spent a good hour under there cleaning up wire runs and vacuuming out piles of gel/fiber dust. I don’t think Malibu ever expected anyone to look in there.

Strange to see the batteries mounted so far back but guessing that’s related to needing space for the thrusters. I do think thrusters are a cool idea on these boats, both my wife and I are very skilled with driving/docking an inboard but there have been a few times a little thruster action would have just made things a bit easier.

ahopkins22LSV
12 minutes ago, gregtay said:

The mess under the helm is normal and yours actually looks far better than mine did from the factory. I spent a good hour under there cleaning up wire runs and vacuuming out piles of gel/fiber dust. I don’t think Malibu ever expected anyone to look in there.

Strange to see the batteries mounted so far back but guessing that’s related to needing space for the thrusters. I do think thrusters are a cool idea on these boats, both my wife and I are very skilled with driving/docking an inboard but there have been a few times a little thruster action would have just made things a bit easier.

That’s because there is a third battery. If there wasn’t, the two would be in the standard location under the observers seat. 

ahopkins22LSV

So if they post for a production manager next week that means production numbers are down? Could they have fired the director? Maybe. Maybe they retired, maybe they took another job, maybe the got promoted, maybe they moved to Europe. You can’t assume that a handful of people on here speak how every boat is. They sell thousands of boats, about 5500 if I remember correctly. If ten people on here are complaining about issues, that’s 0.002% of boats sold. Unless you have actual warranty or defect data you have no idea how they are actually doing.

After all , I spent 36 hours total working on the boat. All is resolved except leaks from storage box. Batteries is moved under dash , all cable organized , all screw in place , engine is sound proof. Boat is quite, wake is straight and visually looks perfect.

All complaining is about people working in companies and doing unprofessional work. 

98B9BB10-1AFD-4B8D-B91E-7605514C81CF.jpeg

BA3CA61F-E9EB-4A93-BEDA-9835EC3DDF32.jpeg

99F4D372-6D18-44D9-A7FE-A6E9AD33FD19.jpeg

BABF0920-8C76-4A72-B9A2-C0E0AF5A7C42.jpeg

On 5/22/2019 at 10:30 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

So if they post for a production manager next week that means production numbers are down? Could they have fired the director? Maybe. Maybe they retired, maybe they took another job, maybe the got promoted, maybe they moved to Europe. You can’t assume that a handful of people on here speak how every boat is. They sell thousands of boats, about 5500 if I remember correctly. If ten people on here are complaining about issues, that’s 0.002% of boats sold. Unless you have actual warranty or defect data you have no idea how they are actually doing.

No offense, but quality control is quality control. Whether you make 10 or 1000 in a year it shouldn’t matter. A company like malibu should have a system that works every time. That’s the reason you have steps and quality checks along the way. I occasionally machine production parts for million dollar companies. The first part and the last part are to spec. Period. I can’t make a thousand parts and say if a few are bad it’s only a small percent. Malibu builds these boats too fast. And the result is some look like they were built by kids. They leave it up to the dealer to fix the issues and that’s a piss poor way of doing business. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In its hiring they were looking for a candidate with " Maintain/Achieve ISO 9001:2015 QMS status and certification, recertification, etc."  Clearly, they ain't got that now!

ahopkins22LSV
6 hours ago, onewake09 said:

No offense, but quality control is quality control. Whether you make 10 or 1000 in a year it shouldn’t matter. A company like malibu should have a system that works every time. That’s the reason you have steps and quality checks along the way. I occasionally machine production parts for million dollar companies. The first part and the last part are to spec. Period. I can’t make a thousand parts and say if a few are bad it’s only a small percent. Malibu builds these boats too fast. And the result is some look like they were built by kids. They leave it up to the dealer to fix the issues and that’s a piss poor way of doing business. 

So you have never had a rejection on any part ever? Even the top tier, best companies in the world have rejections. If you are below 1% you are doing damn good regardless of what someone says on the internet. I work in quality control for billion dollar companies that supply the biggest manufactures in the world if we want to start throwing those numbers around. It is impossible to have zero rejections/defects in mass production. Machining product is also the furthest away you can get in terms or production methods from building a boat. If they machine the boat we’d be looking at million dollar wake boats. Again, speak with data. You say you are in manufacturing so you should understand that. What data other then the handful of people online complaining do you have that it is a ”piss poor” way of doing business?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry to say you may have  overpaid.....from pic not even two sets of speakers? bow thrusters are a ripoff. is it even a 575 engine? 575 may be the exception to the price. any other upgrades?

I didn’t over paid, build up price with all options is $206k , not sure if you build boat with dealer but all - light, colors , seats, tower, speakers, are additional cost. Biggest add to the price was colors and bow thrusters ( with the size of 24MXZ I think is must have, 24MXZ is biggest and roomiest  boat  on the market- I check all others). I paid $164k so $40k less then MSRP.

i compared to X24 , G23, ZX5 and Centurion F256 so Malibu with this option was cheapest. .

and Again Malibu must take seriously all comments from boat owners because they will lost a lot costumers. 

Now is new item - fuel system recoil , fuel leaking in to the boat, my boat is 3 rd time in dealer with serious issue plus few items I did myself.

5 minutes ago, greg2222 said:

I didn’t over paid, build up price with all options is $206k , not sure if you build boat with dealer but all - light, colors , seats, tower, speakers, are additional cost. Biggest add to the price was colors and bow thrusters ( with the size of 24MXZ I think is must have, 24MXZ is biggest and roomiest  boat  on the market- I check all others). I paid $164k so $40k less then MSRP.

i compared to X24 , G23, ZX5 and Centurion F256 so Malibu with this option was cheapest. .

and Again Malibu must take seriously all comments from boat owners because they will lost a lot costumers. 

Now is new item - fuel system recoil , fuel leaking in to the boat, my boat is 3 rd time in dealer with serious issue plus few items I did myself.

They will fix the fuel issue now. Dealers just received the parts to fix it in the last 72 hours. Wasn’t Malibu’s fault or quality control... a part supplier made a batch of defective parts that is impacted many different wakeboard brands. I’d say Malibu gets massive kudos for getting in front of the issue and making sure we all had minimal down time.

• Like 3