Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
BBenedict

G3.5 Tower Noise

Recommended Posts

BBenedict

Hey Guys-  I just recently ordered a 18 23 LSV, I've luckily had minimal issues except there's an awful clicking sound inside the tower  when cruising about 20mph.  I can't seem to track it down, it sounds like a metal on metal noise any time you hit even the smallest wakes in the water.  Has anybody seen or heard of this?  Any thoughts? High frequency chatter on the water makes the noise go crazy!

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23LSVOwner
11 hours ago, BBenedict said:

Hey Guys-  I just recently ordered a 18 23 LSV, I've luckily had minimal issues except there's an awful clicking sound inside the tower  when cruising about 20mph.  I can't seem to track it down, it sounds like a metal on metal noise any time you hit even the smallest wakes in the water.  Has anybody seen or heard of this?  Any thoughts? High frequency chatter on the water makes the noise go crazy!

Thank you

What tower?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep
9 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

What tower?

I'm going to go with G 3.5 ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23LSVOwner

DOH, missed the title, lol.

 

Might want to take a good look at the bimini.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronnie

I've had several of the G3.* towers. I've never heard of that noise. I have had a noise that I thought was the tower but it was the lighted "23LSV' badge on the side of the windshield. It's some sort of plastic and with the right wind or waves it flutters making a rattling noise. May not be exactly what you are experiencing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikeo

 There are wires in the tower even if you didn't order a stereo, the wires for the speakers are supposed to be pre-terminated at a plug/hole 2/3 way up the tower and the wires for the anchor light are in there. Depending on what the sound is, it might be the wires bouncing around. I wouldn't suggest pulling them tight, but it's a place to start to troubleshoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BBenedict
9 minutes ago, mikeo said:

 There are wires in the tower even if you didn't order a stereo, the wires for the speakers are supposed to be pre-terminated at a plug/hole 2/3 way up the tower and the wires for the anchor light are in there. Depending on what the sound is, it might be the wires bouncing around. I wouldn't suggest pulling them tight, but it's a place to start to troubleshoot.

Thank you, I ordered it with 2 sets of rev 10's so i'll do some light pulling on wires and check it out.  I couldn't track down the noise but i'll spend some time this weekend to figure it out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BBenedict
29 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I've had several of the G3.* towers. I've never heard of that noise. I have had a noise that I thought was the tower but it was the lighted "23LSV' badge on the side of the windshield. It's some sort of plastic and with the right wind or waves it flutters making a rattling noise. May not be exactly what you are experiencing.

That little badge on my last one would make a crazy noise!  I had a 16 LSV before with no noises, the dealer wasn't sure either what could be making the noise.  I Guess it could even be the bimini.  Thought it may be a common noise but I guess not.  thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronnie

Yes, my ‘18 is quite. Mostly heard it on my ‘16. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...