Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 23LSV Software Issues

I have a new 2017 23LSV with about 55 hours so far.  At 20 hours we took it back to the dealer for a software update that was supposed to fix Bluetooth issues.  It did improve the Bluetooth connection process, although it is still tedious, especially with iphones.  The bigger problem is the new software seems to be unstable.  About 3 or 4 times in a 4 to 5 hour session we find the touchscreens are frozen, the start stop and power buttons are inoperative, and the stereo is inop.  The throttle still controls the engine, but we cannot stop the engine without power cycling through the battery switch.  Once the boat hard reboots it is fine again for a while, and then will freeze again at some point.  Has anyone else had this issue?  My dealer hasn't heard of it either.  I would guess Malibu would have seen this issue from others with this software update but so far no fix. 

I've had the start button freeze once. The 7inch a few times while playing with the stereo. My software is the original V5 from June 2016. I was told the current is V12. I will probably update after the season.

I feel like something confuses it and it gets stuck. The last time an iphone was plugged in to play music, unplugged and then plugged right back in. Wondering if that locked it up. I don't think the software and ios play well together. 

If there are multiple phones in the boat that have been paired with it in the past it can get "confused" because of varying bluetooth single strengths it sees and tries jumping around phone to phone. It's best to turn bluetooth off on any other phones ion the boat that it's been paired with.

Another one is if you are plugging the phone into the USB port at the sport knob. These newer phones draw a lot of power and the screen doesn't like that at times.