Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 LSV ballast capacities?

dalt1

Flipping through the Manuals in the Resources section of this website I found this. These weights include 1500 lbs for the wedge. Didn't look close enough to find the individual tank weights.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 7.29.06 PM.png

Email Malibu, someone recently posted what they were for a 24 mxz. They only got the info after emailing Malibu directly. I agree, it shouldn’t be that difficult to track down! 

28 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Email Malibu, someone recently posted what they were for a 24 mxz. They only got the info after emailing Malibu directly. I agree, it shouldn’t be that difficult to track down! 

Call Malibu. I just called customer service, got transferred to Ron's voicemail (Dan is on PTO at the moment). Ron called me back and told me exactly what was installed in my boat. He can look up a build sheet and tell you what's in each boat. See this:

7 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Not trying to be an arse, but why do you need to know? I can’t think of a reason why I need to know. 

Same reason I want to know anything. To be informed. Do you want to know how many gallons fit in your fuel tank? They tell us that. 

ahopkins22LSV
13 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

Same reason I want to know anything. To be informed. Do you want to know how many gallons fit in your fuel tank? They tell us that. 

Ok that’s fair I was just curious because I couldn’t think of a reason for why I’d need to know to setup the boat. As in if I’m pulling an intermediate wake boarder and wake is really good at 50% ballast then I don’t really care if that’s 500, 1000 or 2000 pounds because the wake is good. Knowing the fuel capacity is more important imo but maybe I’m just too easily satisfied :dontknow: 

23LSV is as follows…

Port Rear tank:  400 lbs

Stbd Rear tank: 400 lbs

Center tank:  540 lbs

Bow tank:  260 lbs

I e-mailed a contact my dealer gave me and he replied within 12 hours.