Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 LSV Screen freezes?

Got my 10 hr break in and the glitches have started. At 13 hrs now. While running, all screen operation would freeze. Nothing would respond. Sometimes even the main power button would not kill the motor. Had to turn battery switch off to reboot. That returned all operations to normal except the 3rd or 4th time it happened. Last time even turned batteries off for reboot then still was  locked up.  Pulled the lanyard kill switch and rebooted then it worked the rest of the day. 

Anyone else expierience this? Dealer closed till Tuesday. I have a long lake weekend planned Friday but will be nervous about getting stranded. 

After thinking about it, I guess pulling the lanyard kill switch is a better option to battery switch if boat won’t turn off. If I remember correctly, your never supposed to switch battery through off position while running. Can switch from battery to battery while running though. 

I have a 15 LSV. This has happened a few times. The screens have been replaced but it still happenes. When it happens, I do lanyard first to kill the engine then the battery switch to off. 

Ive read in previous posts that could be caused by phone being plugged into the usb update port below sport knob. I’ve never had anything plugged in but it still happens.

Last week I sent a video to dealer service advisor. He said it could be a loose connection to power or start buttons. 

It’s annoying, boat works fine, but can’t control anything from screens or sport knob. Pull off to a safe place first. It takes a minute or so to kill and restart. Good time to have the key handy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update, took to dealer and they replaced both the main power button and start stop buttons. Said one had an intermittent short. They also updated software. Now at 35 hours with no further glitches.

• 3 years later...

@dalt1have you had issues after replacing the main power and start/stop buttons since your post in 2018? Mine just started doing this - also how much did it cost to repair?

23 minutes ago, Klet7 said:

@dalt1have you had issues after replacing the main power and start/stop buttons since your post in 2018? Mine just started doing this - also how much did it cost to repair?

Repaired under warranty no cost to me. I still get occasionally frozen but just shut down and reboot it all is well. Have almost 400 hours on the boat now.