Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 LSV Stereo Not Powering Up

ajive

On hour 8 and my first gremlin popped up.  Speakers stopped working but all screens were nominal.  I cycled the power and battery and now the 7" just sits on the "please wait, Stereo powering up" dialog box.

Any experience with this or troubleshooting tips?

Turned out the main power wire wasn't stripped far enough and came out of one of the amps.  Easy fix and wont recur, but pretty serious fire hazard!  Glad the rest of the day was good (and super quiet) and it was an easy fix.  Thanks for the help! :werule:

• Like 4
  • 4 years later...
On 7/22/2018 at 9:46 PM, ajive said:

Turned out the main power wire wasn't stripped far enough and came out of one of the amps.  Easy fix and wont recur, but pretty serious fire hazard!  Glad the rest of the day was good (and super quiet) and it was an easy fix.  Thanks for the help! :werule:

Having the same issue. Was a fuse or did you need to reconnect a wire? 

7 hours ago, Aparent said:

Having the same issue. Was a fuse or did you need to reconnect a wire? 

It was a wire.  Coming from the hatch in the bow I found a red power wire from the front most amp that was just hanging out.  If you find the same thing be careful if the power is on, I got some sparking... So probably kill the battery switch before investigation!