Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transom straps

oldjeep

Makes me cringe every time I see my inlaws pulling their LXI around with no transom straps.  Yet another reminder of why they might be a good idea.  

Pretty impressive how well the cab roof held up

2f91bd0b865b502f04461d89ae233131.jpg

947fb86f37070e3f57119fd1bd5726ce.jpg

• Like 2

Those are some impressive brakes. 

Boatbuckles are worth every penny. One of the first things I added when we got our Bu.  Every time the boat is loaded it's strapped down.  With the old removable style sometimes you can forget or sometimes you don't put them on for short trips or maybe they're buried under all your other gear in the back of the truck etc.  

Yikes!

I sprayed my carpet bunks last week and the boat can inch forwards and backwards an inch or so with every stop and acceleration. I really have to cinch it down front and back and I'm adding a bow strap in addition to the winch.

14 hours ago, oldjeep said:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155699866843008&id=42557798007&set=a.10152036166373008.1073741827.42557798007&__tn__=%2B%3D

More pics here.  Apparently black ram in one of the other pictures stopped and towing truck slammed on brakes. 

After they finish lifting the boat with pinch points in the center of the boat I might expect to see much more damage to the boat.

1 hour ago, Michigan boarder said:

I wonder what pulled the guide poles forward?  Maybe he strapped to those?

There were mooring ropes tied to them.  You can see the remnants of them hanging from the transom of the boat. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, RyanB said:

Is there anywhere that actually has a news story about the accident?  Or just photos and speculation?

There were a couple stories posted from where I got the pics from as well as a description on the facebook page of the responding agency

Here is one

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/boat-breaks-free-crashes-onto-truck-towing-officials-say/Ruu4Xp3DJkBVvVOjWtwEKL/?icmp=np_inform_variation-control

Edited by oldjeep