Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Ronix Vest Stained Vinyl - Help!

NWWash

I picked up a new Ronix COMP vest this winter, and used a few times always letting it dry out on the deck railing. At one point in the weekend I instead left it to dry on my back lockers. Big mistake, it bled several purple letters from their logo onto my white vinyl. Been trying to get it removed, no dice. So far I've used; babes seat soap, magic eraser, vinegar and water, and left it in the sun but it's still quite visible. Any suggestions?  I'm nervous to use harsh chemicals to damage / dry / crack vinyl long term.  Suggestions Please!

I had the exact thing happen and had a giant pink hyperlite logo on my seat.  Just use your regular boat vinyl cleaner and let the sun bake it out.  I was at the cabin for a week and I cleaned it with microfiber towel every other day and kept the cover off during the day.  After the week it was gone. 

Biggest thing I have learned about cleaning vinyl is to not freak out and be patient. 

It's amazing what the sun can take off with enough exposure.

Had similar freak out years ago with our boat. Took half a summer but stain completely vanished in due time. 

Also gives you an appreciation for your body's ability to regenerate skin cells and the importance of UPF. :)

Just be glad it's just a stain. 
I had a CWB jacket fuse itself to my vinyl. Was told by CWB that their equipment was not designed for "extreme" heat of Oklahoma. lol