Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Soulcraft

SCMike

22 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Awesome! 

You seriously don’t realize how good these custom boards are until you go ride a cheap one once you’re used to the high ends. 

I’m heading out tomorrow morning for 2 days at Bass Lake.  I’m gonna get a ton of time behind the boat and on the board.  Can’t wait to see how this thing rips! 

1 hour ago, SCMike said:

I’m heading out tomorrow morning for 2 days at Bass Lake.  I’m gonna get a ton of time behind the boat and on the board.  Can’t wait to see how this thing rips! 

How is bass lake? I looked into making a trip there and the morning and evening curfew on Wales was reason enough to pass on that trip last year. Do you launch each day or get a slip?

On 7/19/2018 at 11:32 PM, Stevo said:

How is bass lake? I looked into making a trip there and the morning and evening curfew on Wales was reason enough to pass on that trip last year. Do you launch each day or get a slip?

I like bass lake a lot, but not for the water sports.  We usually rent a house near millers landing, where we rent a slip.  It’s got such a cool vibe that reminds me of the move “The Great Outdoors”. Which coincidentally was fillmed there.  Millers Landing is a marina, and restaurant that has music and dancing on Friday Nights, Icecream for the kids, and pretty good food and drinks for the adults.  It’s a great place to top off a long day on the lake.  

The curfew suck.  You pretty much have to be on the water ready to ride the moment the clock hits 8am. You will get decent water until 8:45 or so.  Then, you will get your n cut set of decent water from about 7:30-8:00pm until they shut it down.  

We got quite a bit of riding time in this past weekend, but only a few runs with good water.  

Miya all good though, because the kids and wife LOVE going there because of all the lake has to offer.  It’s a cool spot, but somewhere I will typically only go to once a year.  

It’s free to launch, so many people pull their boats off and on each day.  You can rent a slip at Miller’s Landing for $25 a night.  Some people also more there boats along the shore, as ther are a ton of spots to camp that are right on or across from the lake.  

If you have not gone, it’s worth a trip.  Just go into it knowing that you probably won’t get great water.  Also, they have rental boats there, and tons of jet skiers, which is a major annoyance at time.  

On 7/21/2018 at 6:57 AM, teamerickson said:

That thing is gorgeous!!

Thanks!  I got 6-7 rides on it this past weekend and it’s crazy how different the board is from my crappy pop out I’ve been riding!  I’m relearning a bit, but I’m already improving with my Air attempts :) 

On 7/21/2018 at 3:02 AM, Nitrousbird said:

I was amazed at how light my Soulcraft Emily was.  I'm still getting used to adjusting my riding to it but I really like the board.

I feel the exact same way.  Having to relearn a bit, but I can already tell the boad will take my surfing to the next level. 

When you first start doing airs you will think you’re getting so much when really you aren’t. 

I found on surf style you really need to work the board and put some power into it in order to do anything decent. 

I’m sure you know but don’t be that person who puts a 1000 dollar board in the racks. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2018 at 10:54 PM, Cole2001 said:

When you first start doing airs you will think you’re getting so much when really you aren’t. 

I found on surf style you really need to work the board and put some power into it in order to do anything decent. 

I’m sure you know but don’t be that person who puts a 1000 dollar board in the racks. 

Agree with you here.  I can tell the Soulcraft releases so much better then my crappy boat board, but I’m sure my air attempts are just that “attempts”.  I have a lot of work to do, but feel good about the board helping me progress.  

And no, the board does not go in the racks.  I’m keeping it in a padded bag on top of my Bimini 🤙🏼

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2018 at 8:42 AM, shawndoggy said:

bad idea.  construction is good but you will get dings.

I've been convinced.  It now lives in the Chaos bag I bought.  When on the boat, it is reflective side up on top of the bimini.  Ordered a cargo net from Amazon for $10.  I may have pockets sewn in over the winter but the cargo net is working surprisingly well.

16 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

I've been convinced.  It now lives in the Chaos bag I bought.  When on the boat, it is reflective side up on top of the bimini.  Ordered a cargo net from Amazon for $10.  I may have pockets sewn in over the winter but the cargo net is working surprisingly well.

How's the bag working out for ya?

Nick