Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 lsv bag SET UP

fishermen1918

ALL

WAS WONDERING AS I AM FAILING ON MY BAG SET UP IN MY (NEW - TO ME 2004 23 WAKE SETTER LSV.) I AM USING THE STOCK 1250 LBS BAGS AND HAVE PLAYED WITH THEM, WITH THE WEDGE DOWN.  I  JUST MADE (WITH MUCH HELP - (SUCK-GATE) - THANKS TIM.

WEDGE DOWN 

BACK - 250 FLY HIGH SACKS

MIDDLE IS (AROUND 350) NOT 1000 PERCENT SURE 

FRONT IS ALSO AROUND 350 - AGAIN NOT 1000 SURE   

ALSO ON ISSUE I HAVE IS BOTH THE MIDDLE TANK AND THE FRONT TANK ARE NOT ON DIFFERENT SWITCHES ?  ONE SWITCHES FILLS BOTH TANKS .

THANKS FOR TAKING TIME TO ASSIST 

Trying to surf?  You need more weight.  Remove the stock rear tanks and replace with 900 or 1100lb wakemakers bags (make sure to order the correct fittings.)  There's a thread on here with detailed instructions on how to do it.  

My surf setup with a suck gate is front/middle MLS full (yes, they are supposed to be connected), surf side rear 1100lb bag 100% full, opposite side 50% full.  I get a wave as good as any I've ever been on.   Can use human ballast to stretch it out, or add some weight to the opposite side to get it stacked even higher.  Trial and error but you for sure need more weight.

Thanks .. 

thanks kinda what I thought more weight.  Are you ok with both middle and from tanks filling up together?  What exactly are you referring to "MLS Full"?? 

On 7/18/2018 at 6:38 PM, fishermen1918 said:

ALL

WAS WONDERING AS I AM FAILING ON MY BAG SET UP IN MY (NEW - TO ME 2004 23 WAKE SETTER LSV.) I AM USING THE STOCK 1250 LBS BAGS AND HAVE PLAYED WITH THEM, WITH THE WEDGE DOWN.  I  JUST MADE (WITH MUCH HELP - (SUCK-GATE) - THANKS TIM.

WEDGE DOWN 

ALSO ON ISSUE I HAVE IS BOTH THE MIDDLE TANK AND THE FRONT TANK ARE NOT ON DIFFERENT SWITCHES ?  ONE SWITCHES FILLS BOTH TANKS .

Need more weight.

Bow and Midship on the same switch must have been a Merced vs Loudon thing.  My 04 has separate switches, neighbor has an 05 and their tanks are connected.  Somewhere in this time frame it appears to have been in flux on how to wire them.    

On mine we fill bow MLS tank (250lb), a tube sack (275lb) and have about 200 lb of lead stashed up there as well.  (appprox 700)

Midship 500lb

Wakemakers tankbuster kit with 900lb bags on both sides.  (Only fill to about 750-800 depending on crew, slight bias to surf side)

Floating Wedge down (Insurance claim and I paid the difference to upgrade)

Suck gate at about the fuel tank fill cap up about as high as I can get it on the lower section.  

^

/700\

I 500 I

/ 750   750 \

Wedge 

On 7/18/2018 at 6:38 PM, fishermen1918 said:

ALL

WEDGE DOWN 

agree with all above... needs more weight

I have gosurfassist and the following setup:

Front 900

Mid 500

Rear coffins 300 each side

Rear Lockers 1150 each side

Wedge all the way down on goofy 2 - 3 clicks up for regular

Speed 11 - 12.6 depending on rider.