Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

06 23LSV - No power to stereo

kylesullens

I have the stock stereo setup, maybe an updated Sony XPlode CD deck.

I have had intermittent issues with the deck and audio control module losing power.  It would play for a few minutes, then no power for a few minutes.  Both while the boat is moving and while we are at anchor.  No other electrical issues that I know of.

Is there a wiring diagram that applies to this model/year?  Anyone else have similar issues or know of a common place where a connection goes bad?

Thanks

Sounds like a loose wire that gets hot and then the voltage drops below what's required to run the stereo.  Multi-meter and trace it from the head unit (?) or other stereo component back to the main buss under the helm.  Probably where it is attached to the breakers or to the buss.

I've confirmed that there is power to the wiring harness that plugs into the back of the deck.  now going onthe assumption that the deck is faulty.  I'll take it tothe stereo store to see if they can test it.  will probably end up getting a new deck.

thanks

Just so happened to have another Sony deck sitting on the shelf that came out of an old Chevy truck I bought.  Has the same wiring harness and outputs as the deck I took out of the boat.  Plugged in the extra deck and it powers up as expected.  The remote also functions as expected.

Thanks for the input on this post.  Also thanks to my hoarding behaviors for not getting rid of a stereo deck that has been sitting on my shelf for 5 years.