Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Last BU weekend of the year

Headhunter 2317

We ended the season with a great sunny weekend at Lake Santeetlah, NC. Looking at my upcoming weekend commitments (the ones I blew off to go to the lake) for the next month pretty much seals the deal.

We put a staggering 140 hours on the BU this year. I've got a few projects to get done on her before she gets shelved for the winter so I'll take care of those in the next few weeks. Cry.gif

Personally I think you're nuts for putting it away so soon. There's quite a few days during the fall when you get an unexpectedly nice day here or there. Why put her away for good just yet? Maybe slip out for an afternoon set here or there?

Hear ya onamission...only thing that comes to mind is that his social calendar hath overflowed in his newfound freedom of single life.

Thats exactly when you need to have a boat.

I think he's done making them into hood ornaments and time to get them into the hot tub for some football. Surprised.gif

I would want to leave her in the water longer if we had more water in the lakes close to Atlanta. For the last month of so, we've been roadtripping 2.5 hours each way to Lake Santeetlah. Everything around here is WAY down too. With the days getting shorter and daylight savings time coming up not to mention the much cooler water temps it's tough to get the ladies out. Edwin you are correct that my focus now turns towards Football, Grilling, Hot Tubbing, ect...for the next few months. Then, snowboard season will be here!

To further enhance my winter festivities I managed to snake my way into doing a job fair at my Alma Mater on Wednesday of this week (68% female enrollment now) Rockon.gif . I will try not to get fired in the process.....

Selling the BU to make way for a V-Drive is still not out of the question.......

You have got to get over this cooler water temperature thing. You have the opportunity that many of us in the northern part of the country dont have which is to ski year around on open water. We lose 90-120 days a year with ice taking over the lakes and rivers.

Its really a shame to give up now as Sept/Oct/Nov are the best water months of the year.

That is a shame to put the boat up. Out here in Cali, the winter riding is the best. There are no wallies on the water, the drysuit makes it nice and warm. I put more hours on my boat in the off season than I do in the summer.

That is a shame to put the boat up. Out here in Cali, the winter riding is the best. There are no wallies on the water, the drysuit makes it nice and warm. I put more hours on my boat in the off season than I do in the summer.

That's not to difficult with what 2 hours on the boat this summer. Tongue.gif

That's not to difficult with what 2 hours on the boat this summer. Tongue.gif

In my best Kelso voice, BUUURRRRNNNN! :lol:

If I could, I'd be out there for the next month+. But unfortunately the snow will fly before the doc will give me the okay to walk & being on the boat is uncomfortable at best right now, especially with pins sticking out of my foot (I had to grin & bear it this past weekend at Shasta). Anyway, IMO you should take advantage of it while you can. JM2C

I have managed to secure one more weekend trip for us. Two ladies from the DC area that I used to work with are flying down on the 29th to party with Beavis and I. We'll grill, drink, and tub on Friday and head to the water on Saturday for the weekend. He is gonna owe me big. His date is bi. A bi-athlete that is. Both are dying to learn to board and are bringing their own wetsuits..... Yes.gif

I have managed to secure one more weekend trip for us. Two ladies from the DC area that I used to work with are flying down on the 29th to party with Beavis and I. We'll grill, drink, and tub on Friday and head to the water on Saturday for the weekend. He is gonna owe me big. His date is bi. A bi-athlete that is. Both are dying to learn to board and are bringing their own wetsuits..... Yes.gif

Everything sounded good up until the wetsuits part. Innocent.gif

And you were planning to put the Bu in storage???? I'm sure if Beavis cannot make it, someone here would help you out. Surprised.gif

Edited by 2 ThumbsUp

I'm going to ski tonight (in a drysuit) & probably this weekend but it is fast coming to an end. Frost on the ground this morning and daytime temps are struggling to get to 15C. The water will be 56 at most tonight and dropping fast from here on in. It really sucks to live where we have at best 4 months to use. We have to really push to get on the water in June - didn't make it this year. And then we have to stretch the fall into October putting up with water that had an ice skin in the morning in order to get 4 months. Really we have 3 months of useable water.

Anybody who whines about water below 70F is a wussy.