Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Mattonspeclake

Best used surf boat for around $75,000

Mattonspeclake

Hi.

I am looking for a gently used Malibu or Axis between 21’-23’. We slalom 10% Wakeboard 20% and surf 70% of the time. The wife also requested a nice looking boat! Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated! Not sure if I’m hoping for too much. 

ahopkinsVTX

There are some 2017 21 VLX’s on onlyinboards right now and it is a very impressive boat for the price. The surf wave is very good with stock ballasta nd plug n play. It only gets better with extra bow weight too. I haven’t skied it but The wake looked pretty dang nice at 34 and 36 mph. 

Generally speaking though, I’d be looking for a 2014+ Axis because that’s when they got surfgate. You should easily be able to get a very nice T22 or A22 for that price. Could probably get a 2017 or 2018 left over for 75k depending on the boat to be honest. For Malibu I’d be looking for 2015+ because then you will have Power Wedge II and it does make that big of a difference imo. Malibu’s are available in the diamond hull which does help the ski wake. Axis are only available in the wake hull. 

Stevo

End of season or off season you should start to see the 2015 lsv in that range

Pnwrider
7 hours ago, Stevo said:

End of season or off season you should start to see the 2015 lsv in that range

This. 

Or buy a brand new axis. If you can keep options down you should be able to get into a few of the new axis’ for around 75k. 

Mattonspeclake

Thanks for all the advise. Visited Local Malibu/Axis dealer. I really like the 2015 350 chevy engine. I have a ford Indmar 360 in my Tige. The chevy 350 is quiet and smooth compared to the Ford 6.2. 

Mattonspeclake

Plus on Axis....cool design and price is really good for what you get.

Mattonspeclake

The 2015 Malibu interior is awesome, engines awesome (Same as 2015 AXIS), Power wedge is a major plus.

Negative is 2015, 2016 and 2017 Malibu's are all priced around $80,000.

Mattonspeclake

Some malibu's around 70-75K, but color is hideous or interior is beat up.

ahopkinsVTX

If you can wait until this fall/winter those prices will have more wiggle room or will drop. Probably will be more available too. 

Mattonspeclake

2015 Malibu would be choice #1. Thanks again, very helpful!

Mattonspeclake

I can definitely wait. I need to sell or trade my boat anyhow. Last season we surfed until October 15th.