Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dinged Prop 2016 VTX

TimD

Hey Crew - It finally happened. I've gotta replace a prop. Motor wasn't running believe it or not. I was holding the boat off of a friend's dock and he took a wave and banged it on a rock underneath. The boat came with the ACME 15x14.25 2249. A few questions for you experts out there...

1. Should I replace with identical replacment? Is there abetter option?

2. Where's best place to buy? 

3. Also need the puller - any recommends on pullers?

4. Any recommends on where to send my old one for repair? The damage is really minor - just enough to cavitate. I"m thinking I'll have it fixed for a spare.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by TimD
spell

Happens to the best of us.   Responses:  

1. Should I replace with identical replacement? Is there a better option?  This is a personal choice.  If you are happy with the performance then stick with that one.  If not then look at a different one.  ACME props are still a good choice.  Just pick a different one depending on your needs\wants.

2. Where's best place to buy?  That is a loaded question.  I have been happy with WakeMakers  

https://www.wakemakers.com/props/

3. Also need the puller - any recommends on pullers?  ACME makes a nice kit.  Or just the puller.  I have the Johnson one which works just as well.   https://www.wakemakers.com/acme-weekend-saver-traditional-kit.html

4. Any recommends on where to send my old one for repair? The damage is really minor - just enough to cavitate. I"m thinking I'll have it fixed for a spare.    Not sure where you are.  Local repair here in Oregon.  Dealer sends in.  I just drop it off.  Did not like idea of shipping when local can do a great job with no shipping worries.  

Edited by ORMailbuboater
43 minutes ago, TimD said:

3. Also need the puller - any recommends on pullers?

If I was in the market for a prop puller, I wouldn't get the Acme or the OJ, they're aluminum.  I'd go with a steel one like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Propeller-Puller-1-1-8-PowerTech/163151818456?hash=item25fc9b2ed8%3Ag%3A6w4AAOSwpHpbEFR5&_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=(propeller%2Cprop)+puller&_from=R40&rt=nc