Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Key on 12V in engine compartment

Ryan1776

As it says, looking for a good 12v key on source in the engine compartment to tap into. Low current required 0.5amp or so. 

2010 23LSV. Some where easy and accessible. I haven't metered around yet but I figured a good start would be to ask. 

Ryan 

17 hours ago, Falko said:

I'd hate to load the circuit, but the coil feed line is switched via the key I believe. 

You are correct. I would think it is. Not sure if I want to tap into the ignition system..... hrm. 

1 hour ago, wdr said:

What are you looking to add back there? It is extremely easy to run a wire back there from the ignition switch.

Frankly, I haven't looked at the ignition switch. I just assumed it was pretty well sealed off to making connections to it. 

Just a small relay.

14 minutes ago, Falko said:

My ignition switch is open in the back, boat is easily stolen with a paper clip.

This is a good thing, when your ignition switch fails on the water like mine did.

18 minutes ago, Falko said:

My ignition switch is open in the back, boat is easily stolen with a paper clip.

oh! 

4 minutes ago, MadMan said:

This is a good thing, when your ignition switch fails on the water like mine did.

Damn.

Well ok! Thanks for the help!

4 exposed, single screw brass blades open for accessorizing. ACC, OFF, RUN, START. I have my radio/ACC blade wired as a constant hot so it won't automatically cut out when I shut the engine off.