Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

engine wire harness

Darbylsv

Hello everyone,

I'm a new owner of a 2003 Malibu 23 LSV Wakesetter.  Recently the main engine harness shorted and fried most of the wires. Malibu or Indmar does not have a replacement harness, besides having them custom make one. Can  anyone tell me if this ever happened to there boat and  What caused this short?  besides  a raw wire rubbing  or maybe mice chewing wire jacket during storage. The boat has a  indmar 335  monsoon engine. Also what is the best way to approach this engine wire harness ordeal, your  input is much appreciated, Thank you.

When you say that it fried most of the wires, is it really localized, like near the ECM?  I don't see how the majority of the harness can be affected by a short.  If it truly is the whole harness, you may have some other damage besides just the wires.

We need a lot more information to even begin to help, so please start by posting photos.

Thanks for your reply .. I decided to take  boat back to malibu dealer where i purchased it. I will post information on repairs  upon completion.