Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Getting back to boating/new boat

ffsmo

After selling my 01 wakesetter 3 years ago its time for my family to get back in the water. Wow how things have changed. We like the wakesetter VLX and are going to test drive/ride this week. It’s a new 17 model. Dealer told me it’s a heck of a deal at msrp including freight. It’s been a while but is 15-18 % off msrp still the norm. And one would think a little more than that with a holdover from last year. Thanks for your input

Congrats on getting back on the water.  We just had a long conversation about this last week.   Check out the below discussion.  Yes the norm is typically not MSRP but some percentage below that.  Some even say they are getting up to 30% off.  That boat being a 2017 new this should be heavily discounted.  Good luck.  Hope you can make a killer deal.  

Edited by ORMailbuboater

IMO If you are looking at a 17 21vlx, you should be in the neighborhood of $73-$75k for a brand new left over. I bought one in the beginning of 2017 with about $6k in upgrades for $79999.  I sold it a year later with 60 hours for $74k. 

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

For a new order, or new showroom boat, current model year, I’d say 15-20% off msrp is pretty average. Yes some get more, some get less. 

For a leftover new 17 I’d be pushing for 25+. 

On 7/13/2018 at 9:40 PM, SCMike said:

IMO If you are looking at a 17 21vlx, you should be in the neighborhood of $73-$75k for a brand new left over. I bought one in the beginning of 2017 with about $6k in upgrades for $79999.  I sold it a year later with 60 hours for $74k. 

Is there a reason you sold it after buying so quickly?

2 hours ago, AJK said:

Is there a reason you sold it after buying so quickly?

No real reason other then I initially wanted the 23LSV and was finally able to talk my wife into it after owning the 21vlx for a season 😁

The 21vlx is a great boat.  I really think Malibu knocked it out of the park with the package you get on the 21vlx for $79999. 

As an FYI, the 2017s came with about $4k more in options then the 2018s at the same $79k price point.  The 2019s may even be more, but I’m not sure. 

• Like 2