Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Steering cable replacement update...

Sunset_Bob

Just to give a update on my steering cable replacement. With the wifes help it took about 30 to get the old one out and after we recieved the new cable, it took about 45 to install it. It is definately a two person job.

The nylon string was the trick. But even with the string tied to the end, it wasn't the easiest task getting the new cable fished thru the floor. It took some work, going back and forth before we were able to get the end thru hole into the bilge. The hardest part for me was getting under the dash and feeding the end around and down into the floor because of the heater hoses and limited space.

Now for the sad part :( ........I went ahead and winterized it for the winter.

Summer is over and it's bike riding weather. :) Time to get the leathers out and drag some knees around Deals Gap.

Just to give a update on my steering cable replacement. With the wifes help it took about 30 to get the old one out and after we recieved the new cable, it took about 45 to install it. It is definately a two person job.

Glad you got it done, Bob! Thumbup.gif But your season's over already? How can that be? Dontknow.gif Our season's still got another two months left way up here in the frigid North! Tease2.gif

I will take issue with the 'definitely' in your statement though. I did the job in about the same amount of time by myself (and yes, I've got the heater hoses and Perfect Pass on my boat which does clutter things up a bit, not to mention a subwoofer mounted in the same area under the dash).

Would it have been easier with help? Sure, but I doubt it would have cut that much time out of the job. For anyone contemplating having to tackle this - don't read too much into the 'it's two person job' description. A little patience goes a long way.

Well......maybe you right, we could still ski for another month or so, but I sold my drysuit a couple of year ago and I'm a puss when it comes to cold water. My buddy Billfooter and I used to try to go every chance we got and had broke the ice in the marina once to lauch the boat for a footing run. I don't get into it that much anymore. I still enjoy it, but I'm not obsessed with it like I used to be. My wife says I'm obsessed with Motorcycles now .... Innocent.gif I guess she's right.... :lol::lol:

I really like to ride my bikes this time of the year. Fall is my favorite time of the year. The fall colors in the Smokey Mountains in October are awesome to see on a bike ride.

Really!!!? Blue Barefoot Company suit? Small world isn't it...... Biggrin.gif

YEp; I just went and looked at your gallery pic's that's it. I barely remember selling it, it seems like it's been so long ago. I'm glad your getting alot of use out of it.

Edited by Sunset_Bob