Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 23lsv bow weight

JMVOTTO

Where are you all putting weight in or around the bow to offset the power wedge II bow  rise. 

I prefer lead but want it all hidden.   open to ideas?

I have 200 lead that I just sit on the seat. I dont Want to hide it. I sometimes Move it around for other things. 

I also have a 650 big I’ll fill sometimes. Don’t need that unless I’m maxed out in the rear. 

Edited by teamerickson

My boat is a 2014, but you can do the same in yours I would assume.

I bought 250 pounds of bags from leadweight.  I took the seats out, and removed the cover over the hard tank, then snuck 200 pounds of bags around the hard tank.  The last 50 pounds, I put in the very front of the storage under the dash.

It was a PITA to get all that lead up there.  If I were to do it again, I would buy bulk lead (old tire weights), and some PVC pipe, and put the lead in there, and then around the hard tank.  Doing it this way you wouldn't have to remove plumbing and the anchor points to the tank.

Here is what my bow looks like.

GvIbc8e.jpg

I can’t get my 50lb bags in there without moving the tank 😢

was hoping not to move the anchor mounts at all 

Edited by JMVOTTO

I took the bow speaker/cupholder plastic panel out and pushed 4 50Lb bags in the very front. Lots of room there still. I also squeeze 2 more bags between the tank and carpet divider panel.

17 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Has anyone taken out the tank put in a different shape bag that easily allows for you to place lead surrounding it? Seems logical to me....

you would have to make supports for the bow seats , the cover is kinda flimsy

18 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Has anyone taken out the tank put in a different shape bag that easily allows for you to place lead surrounding it? Seems logical to me....

I did not have a tank on a 2010 LSV... would be the same concept.. added a 900 lb triangle to front, built a platform for the seats.. can fill the bag to 900 lbs.. the platform rises to allow this

15 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

I did not have a tank on a 2010 LSV... would be the same concept.. added a 900 lb triangle to front, built a platform for the seats.. can fill the bag to 900 lbs.. the platform rises to allow this

got any pics

also how can the bag be around 900lb when the hard tank is only 270lb

Edited by JMVOTTO
1 hour ago, JMVOTTO said:

got any pics

also how can the bag be around 900lb when the hard tank is only 270lb

I need to get new pics as the old ones are gone from phone crashing...

the bag can fill to capacity as the platform is floating on top. So where the tank stops filling at 270lb, the bag keeps filling,,,the platform rises with bag, when full my seats rise and are above the speakers.. will try to get pixs this weekeend

4 minutes ago, kerpluxal said:

I need to get new pics as the old ones are gone from phone crashing...

the bag can fill to capacity as the platform is floating on top. So where the tank stops filling at 270lb, the bag keeps filling,,,the platform rises with bag, when full my seats rise and are above the speakers.. will try to get pixs this weekeend

ok  wow  definitely up higher than the base