Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can anyone compare the surf wave of a 2017/2018 24 MXZ with the M235?

Minnesota

We have a 2017 24 MXZ with the 575 and absolutely love it. We had a 2016 23 LSV with the 410 and really liked it but decided to move up last year and have been very pleased. Obviously a pretty big price jump between the two. The extra space is great and the picklefork bow has been an unexpected plus, took a while to get used to the look but we always seem to have a group up there.  Have not been on an M235 yet, anyone surfed behind both and have any thoughts?

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I will most likely surf a 24 mxz today. It’s the riders experience 2019 but I can report back. We surfed a M235 a lot last year. 

Have fun!  I have to work :(

9 hours ago, Minnesota said:

We have a 2017 24 MXZ with the 575 and absolutely love it. We had a 2016 23 LSV with the 410 and really liked it but decided to move up last year and have been very pleased. Obviously a pretty big price jump between the two. The extra space is great and the picklefork bow has been an unexpected plus, took a while to get used to the look but we always seem to have a group up there.  Have not been on an M235 yet, anyone surfed behind both and have any thoughts?

Surfed them back to back when a friend was shopping.  Both great waves but the M235 wins ( my opinion) on power of the wave.......next level.

Fortunately now get to surf the 235 regularly.  We have played with speed, 800lbs of lead, wedge.....never had a bad wave 😁😁

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Alright, sorry I’m just getting back to this but I did get a quick opportunity to surf the 2019 24 mxz this past weekend and it is very good. Top 3 malibu waves for sure. I’d still put the M at the top big the 25 LSV and 24 mxz are super close. The gap is no longer OMG the M wave is soooooooo much better. Now the only difference for this analysis is I didn’t surf them back to back and the 19 mxz has the power wedge three. It’s hard to say how much of a difference it makes because I actually hadn’t surfed a 24 mxz prior to this. 

If I were choosing between the M and a 24 I'd pick the 24. You get more boat for the money. Neither are really my style because I’m a traditional bow guy but they are both awesome boats. Neither are a bad choice and you will be happy with which ever you decide!

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 2

Thanks guys, really appreciate your feedback/thoughts. We have been super happy with the 2017 24 MXZ wave and everything about the boat. The picklefork is definitely an acquired taste but now feel that I would not go back to a tradtional bow.