Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Fenders

crod

6 minutes ago, vanamp said:

Are babz any different than the exile boat balls?  I have had my exiles sided by side with $4 hipity hops from the toy store and I could not tell the difference other than color and both work great but would not mind dropping a bit more cash on a set if they were a little thicker. 

It was posted in a previous thread (maybe the group buy one?) that the Babz were 2x as thick as the Exile balls.

On 7/17/2018 at 1:25 PM, BABz said:

We actually have a tool coming out here in the next 30 days or so. I'd be happy to send you out one and some extra plugs when they arrive. 

Wow that is some serious rolling! But a great video. I'll put this on our instagram if it is alright with you. 

Shoot me an email if you'd like a set. I may be able to get you in on a group order thats going on right now. 

Dude, I just ordered a 4 pack today can you get a removal tool in there?

On 7/21/2018 at 1:41 PM, Chappy said:

Just curious how people are securing their Babz to their cleats or Phender pros.  When I loop the Babz handle around my cleats the ball sits to high and doesn't do it's job.  Does that make sense?  Pics would be appreciated.

I use there large carabiners from Amazon.  They work perfect with the cleat.  The size of the ball keeps the carabiner from contacting the gel coat.  

2pcs Strong Large Durable Buggy Carabiner Stroller Hooks Mummy Clip Pram Pushchair Grocery or Diaper Bags Holder - 14cm (5.5") https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C305JVO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_MjuvBb2JGVVBV

On 7/21/2018 at 7:54 PM, Kblagg said:

It was posted in a previous thread (maybe the group buy one?) that the Babz were 2x as thick as the Exile balls.

Based on marketing or did someone cut them both open?

I use a standard fender line looped through the handle as our docks are super low. 

I haven’t had exiles but they do seem a lot thicker than the kiddie ones. 

23 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Based on marketing or did someone cut them both open?

Here's the thread.  IIRC, there was a cutaway picture but looks like it was edited out due to site rules.

Here's the thread:

image.thumb.png.e41456c4adeb84e1836c31a9199b9c43.png

On 7/21/2018 at 3:41 PM, Chappy said:

Just curious how people are securing their Babz to their cleats or Phender pros.  When I loop the Babz handle around my cleats the ball sits to high and doesn't do it's job.  Does that make sense?  Pics would be appreciated.

Unfortunately some boats (like my RZ4) have a cleat angle that makes the BABz sit high. For these kind a carabiner or these gear ties work really well. Those gear ties are good to have on the boat either way. 

https://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-Gear-Tie-Assorted/dp/B00XIWJXKK

On 7/21/2018 at 9:15 PM, Kblagg said:

+1 for Babz.  I finally got a chance to put them to use over the July 4th holiday break.  They kept my boat skuff/scratch free from the rollers that came through during the week that we were there.

image.thumb.png.3fd56082aefa0f8343ca3ee196c32db2.png

Love this picture!

On 7/21/2018 at 9:49 PM, vanamp said:

Are babz any different than the exile boat balls?  I have had my exiles sided by side with $4 hipity hops from the toy store and I could not tell the difference other than color and both work great but would not mind dropping a bit more cash on a set if they were a little thicker. 

On 7/21/2018 at 9:54 PM, Kblagg said:

Here is a screen shot from a comparison over on wake world one of our customers did with the exile balls. Below is also a cross sections of the handles. 

https://imgur.com/a/b4mPmhe

https://imgur.com/a/4o2Cl9W

On 7/22/2018 at 9:15 PM, MustGoFast said:

Dude, I just ordered a 4 pack today can you get a removal tool in there?

I PMed you. But I'll post this here as well. We actually do not have the plug tool in stock yet. But when we get them I will send you one over with some extra plugs. I plan on sending them to all existing customers. It makes a huge difference. In the meantime if you’re struggling with the plug, a golf divot repair tool works pretty well. Just take a plug to a sporting goods store and see which one fits best. 

Edited by BABz
  • 3 weeks later...

@oldjeep better late than never I guess. I like the mission fenders with ropes for docking.  The straps were annoying me. If the cleat lines up with the fender you can put the line thru it. If not that's fine too. 

2 of my fenders have a permanent loop tied on them and go on the cleats. The third I left a whip to tie to my tower leg. 

KVe3y3f.jpg

EsFUBWb.jpg

Edited by Gavin17