Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nokolakemalibu

Malibu Response LXI Wanted!!!!!

Nokolakemalibu

Well guys and gals it has came down to this. I have searched for a new used boat for about 5 months and haven't found anything so I'm looking for some serious help. I am a very very serious buyer that has cash in hand to buy a used malibu response lxi. I'm looking for a boat in good condition with fairly low hours on it. It would be great if the boat is either in the early to mid 2000's for the year. Like I said before I would really like your help with this and any inquiries are greatly appreciated. Below is my email if you personally have a boat that you are selling otherwise you can also use this forum.

You can contact me at :

[email protected]

UWSkier

There have been a number of very nice Response LXIs go through onlyinboards.com and ski-it-again.com this year.  If you're not opposed to shipping, this shouldn't be a difficult search.  Malibu sold a ton of those things.

Beautiful boat.  http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=47050

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=46738

Edited by UWSkier

footndale

There were several at the beginning of ski season. Friend purchased one in Michigan. Used it last week. Very nice ride.

You need to be willing to travel to get a decent deal.

https://bit.ly/2zrPqwA  - Search Tempest, happy searching

ahopkinsVTX

What is your budget?

Nokolakemalibu

I am willing to travel anywhere in the country to get into a good boat. 

Nokolakemalibu

Budget is from $0-$28000, give or take a $1000. I am honestly at the point where any boat in good condition is going to be considered if the price matches the condition it is in.

Nokolakemalibu

I am also considering maybe going over my budget for the right deal.

Nokolakemalibu
33 minutes ago, mikeo said:

this just popped up in the "Craigslist Finds" thread:

https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2004-malibu-response-lxi-103353461/

I have been working with that guy for 2 weeks. He has one guy that is looking at it Saturday that called him before me, so if he doesn’t end up with it he said I can buy it.

mikeo

best of luck to you and I hope you get out on the water this season!

I'm not sure where you're located, but here's one near me. I know there are a bunch of TMC members in the area that could look at it for you: (someone here may even know, or be, the seller)
https://yubasutter.craigslist.org/boa/d/2001-malibu-sunsetter-lxi/6607095511.html

Edited by mikeo

ahopkinsVTX
4 hours ago, Nokolakemalibu said:

I am also considering maybe going over my budget for the right deal.

Ok, one other question then - are you dead set on the first gen lxi? (03-06). I only ask because if you were willing to go to 35ish thousand you could get into a 2012 or 13 TXi. But you could for sure get a second gen lxi which is a very good boat still and you would get a bit more bow freeboard so it doesn’t dip as easily and it will probably have zero off speed control which is much better for slalom over the malibu or standard perfect pass speed control. Just throwing that out there. I also traded my TXi in last month and it might be in the 35k ish range. 

That said the first gen lxi is one of my altime favorite boats, if not my all time favorite boat. So I would completely understand only searching for one of those. It skis absolutely amazing too. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

footndale
8 hours ago, Nokolakemalibu said:

I have been working with that guy for 2 weeks. He has one guy that is looking at it Saturday that called him before me, so if he doesn’t end up with it he said I can buy it.

Good luck on it. In the Midwest, it goes for more.