Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
P6Expert

G4 Tower: Squeaking or Clicking?

P6Expert

I am starting this thread because this topic became a rabbit hole in another tread dealing with 2019 Model Year changes.  So, and for the record, my G4 tower tends to squeak when I hit choppy water.  I have heard from others that their G4 tower clicks when out on the water.  I have posted the following Service Advisory "SA No - MY16.Adv01.JUL08 - G4 Tower Noise" to my box.com site (below) and am curious to know if this SA also fixes the clicking sounds others have heard.  So, I would like to know of those out there with clicking sounds, what remedy have you used to fix this issue?  Also, does the SA fix the squeaking sound?

https://app.box.com/s/bxv7hrf1ezfyobggqeprms0r9kvklau0

Thanks,

Cory

I torqued those 8 bolts to 50 lb-ft each.  I ran out of loc-tite mid-project so,only 4 of the bolts got it.  They were all torqued to significantly less than 50 lb-ft, but none were "loose."  Only time will tell whether that was the source of my clicking noises--though I'm pretty certain it was coming from the tower.  The clicking noises were only occasional for me so it will be a few weeks before I will be willing to declare victory.