Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Suggestions for amps for 4 tower speakers

FastFreddy

I have two pairs of 8" Kicker tower speakers and am wondering what a good 2 channel amp would be or should I use a 4 channel amp. Speakers are rated at 150w RMS each and 4ohms. A few questions from someone who doesn't fully understand the speaker systems. Let's say I'm shopping for a 600w amp; Do I bridge the 4 channel amp and then wire the speakers in series or parallel or just one channel per speaker? If I use a 600w 2 channel amp; should I setup the speakers in parallel or series? Not too sure about these things. Tried to search but couldn't find specifics. 

Edited by FastFreddy

I prefer a 2 chnl for 2 pair of tower speakers, good power for the money and easier to wire. No elaborate wiring scheme, just one pair per chnl @ 2 ohm, and only requires a pair of 2 conductor wires in the tower.  

Good = KXMA400.2. Will net 100W rms to each speaker

better = Syn-DX2 will net 180W rms to each speaker

best = KXMA1200.2 will net up to 300W rms to each.

Avoid shopping for an amp based on their marketing numbers. Depending on brand, they can sometimes be unrealistic peak outputs, but in most cases, those numbers dont always translate in the wattage the speaker can receive. Shop based on RMS