Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

transom pad leaves black marks on interior

I don't know if this is just me or what...but I have a 06 Response Lxi and the swim platform pad is original.  It is black with hexagonal shapes...when we stand on it and step into our boat, the bottom of our feet track some type of substance that leaves black residue on our interior upholstery.  Generally, a wipe with a towel is sufficient to clean it up...but it is entirely annoying to constantly be wiping down where we stepped every time we get into the boat.  I have put a vinyl protectant on our interior upholstery in hopes to protect it.  I was wondering if anyone had a solution to possibly seal that pad so that it doesn't transfer what ever it is that is being transferred.  

Thanks for your time.