Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lost 1/4 Teak Strip of Swim Platform

mjbet91

So what have yet to officially diagnose as an HDS leak that almost sunk my 99 Sportster last week, the process of beaching and dredging the boat, weight, and moving it had caused 1 of the 4 teak strips of my swim platforms to loosen up, which was then lost while driving the boat to the launch from my dock. I searched high and low but could not find it - it was the last slot of the platform at the very back of the boat. 

Besides either adding a new inferior slat of wood (or teak if i can find it), and body have any ideas on where i could get a custom strip of teak cut ? 

Besides the screws now poking up from the vertical sections where i lost the plank, the gap with my manual wedge up actually creates a rooster tail that sends water into the boast, right onto the exhaust...queue week of Malibu mishaps :( .

Luckily i kept the water to the back of the boat and only about 2" came up over the DD engine cover... oil was ok and it started with a new battery.  

Teak isnt that hard to find, neither is a tablesaw. Issue will be making it match.  If sinking the platform caused a slat to come off then chances are that your wood is pretty rotten. 

Edited by oldjeep