Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion X Nutsert Replacement?

My speaker pods have always felt slightly "loose" and the long weekend took it's toll and I had one of the bolts come out.  The nutsert appears to be stripped.  Anyone know the size/specs of a replacement to use?  I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to remove the existing one but imagine I can drill and then insert a new one?  Lastly, anyone have an opinion of brass, aluminum or steel?

I had to replace one of these when I did my stereo install.  Luckily I was at my buddy's body shop and he replaced it for me right then. 

I don't know what size it is but maybe a local body shop could help you.

12 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

Stainless steel Helicoils.  Been there done that.

I always thought Helicoils were only effective in a "solid" piece of material.  Since the tower is hollow, I need a nutsert.... correct?  Wouldn't the helicoil potentially just thread in and then fall down the middle of the tower?

10 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

I always thought Helicoils were only effective in a "solid" piece of material.  Since the tower is hollow, I need a nutsert.... correct?  Wouldn't the helicoil potentially just thread in and then fall down the middle of the tower?

I used one (off brand helicoil) where I once had a welded nut (front bumper on my truck).  It hasn't budged even though it could theoretically thread all the way in..