Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover Recommendation for 02 VLX with Titan I Tower

cpuwhiz22

Hello crew,

I am in the market for a new cover as the one I have is falling apart.  Can anyone recommend anything?  I had some recommendations for Evolution, which I like, but they are pretty expensive and they said they wouldn't start production until Feb of next year.  I have a 02 VLX with what I believe is a Titan I tower (see pic below).  I would like something preferably that doesnt need to strap to a trailer as I am looking for something to cover it while moored.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Pat

tower.jpg

I'm telling you...there is a wait AND they are expensive...BUT that Evo cover is the BEST cover you will ever put on your boat.  It is definitely worth the wait and the cost.  Cory is exceptional.  He'll help you through any questions you have.  I STRONGLY encourage you to get the Evo cover.

Cool, any others?  @oldjeep What am I looking for at the vendors you recommended?  From what I recall from my previous search there nothing said Titan tower.  Is there another name?

2 hours ago, cpuwhiz22 said:

Cool, any others?  @oldjeep What am I looking for at the vendors you recommended?  From what I recall from my previous search there nothing said Titan tower.  Is there another name?

You might have to actually talk to a person

OK cool.  When I looked at Bake's I saw multiple options that all said Wakesetter VLX +$80, so was not sure what the differences were.  

The Evolution cover is worth the wait.  Do it.  I essentially had that cover on my '01 VLX with Titan Tower and it was bullet proof for more than a decade and going strong when I sold it.  Only ever needed to replace the nylon webbing straps twice when they finally dry rotted out.  When I ordered it I just gave them dimensions on where the tower attachment points were relative to the front point of the bow and the back corners of the transom.  They put zippers and holes in the right places for a clean fit.  Just call them up and talk to sales.

Also, if you want to spend some more money, upgrade your bimini.  Back then I went from your Titan Bimini which I referred to as the hanging doily to this Towerbimini. Much Much more shade.

post-153-1146696039_thumb.jpgpost-153-1146696073_thumb.jpg

Edited by Slurpee