Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini Help Please - Illusion X

Cubacheski

Evening everyone and thanks for the help in advance..  So..  I have a 2008 VLX with the Illusion X tower.  I have the bimini with the aluminum frame and is connected to the tower from two arms on the sides connected with a screw.  The front is connected with the two projecting tubes that fit into the holes in the front of the tower.  I assume this is standard for the Illusion X but just wanted to make sure you know what I have.  So my problem is towing and stowing the bimini.  I have seen on here in other threads people advise not to tow the boat with the bimini up.  If you dont tow with the bimini how are you securing the bimini?  I dont see a way of folding it up to put in the sleeve/cover without just taking the entire aluminum frame down off the tower and trying to fit it in the truck.  If there is a trick to being able to leave the aluminum frame up and folding it up some way please let me know.  Thanks again.

Bryan

Do you have the zip on cover it goes in.  You should have 2  sets of pop in latches mounted to the tower,  pop the set lowest and furthest back to hinge the back aluminum hoop forward. This will allow the front 2 poles to slide out of their holes. Push the buttons and remove them from the front hoop.  There is a pocket for the front poles open velcro and slide them in.  Undo any valcro flaps that wrap around the bak hoop.  At this point the front and back hoops are layin on one another in the same direction allowin the material to roll up over them.  From there you put the cover on and zip and tuck until it us concealed  in the cover.   Said cover will have 2 buckles that wrap the tower to secure the closed bimini for travel.  Reverse to put ut back up.  Hope that helps.

41 minutes ago, Cubacheski said:

Evening everyone and thanks for the help in advance..  So..  I have a 2008 VLX with the Illusion X tower.  I have the bimini with the aluminum frame and is connected to the tower from two arms on the sides connected with a screw.  The front is connected with the two projecting tubes that fit into the holes in the front of the tower.  I assume this is standard for the Illusion X but just wanted to make sure you know what I have.  So my problem is towing and stowing the bimini.  I have seen on here in other threads people advise not to tow the boat with the bimini up.  If you dont tow with the bimini how are you securing the bimini?  I dont see a way of folding it up to put in the sleeve/cover without just taking the entire aluminum frame down off the tower and trying to fit it in the truck.  If there is a trick to being able to leave the aluminum frame up and folding it up some way please let me know.  Thanks again.

Bryan

Definitely do not tow long distances or at freeway speed with bimini up, learned this lesson the hard way a few years ago when my bimini was shredded going down the freeway, oops.  I have the same boat and the same bimini, I even have the extension.  Here are some pics of mine stowed.

20180708_205737.jpg

20180708_205803.jpg

Fantastic!!  Thanks everyone.  I went out and got it done.  Really appreciate the help.  Take care.