Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 MXZ 22 vs 2018 23 LSV

canfirefighter

I am a day away from figuring out which of the two options I am going to purchase other the 2018 MXZ 22 or 2018 23 LSV. Just want to see members thoughts on which of the two boats think is a better boat. Both are within $5000 of each other in price with the MXZ coming in more expensive at my local dealer. Will be spending most of our time Wake Surfing  and definitely do not hang with a massive crew of pro Wakeboarders. 

I agree, that's the primary difference you'll see since the 22MXZ's cabin will be a couple feet shorter than the 23LSV's cabin.

All else being relatively equal since you won't be able to tell the waves apart, I prefer the traditional bow look too.

Seems to be way more 23 LSVs out their maybe it is the way to go who knew picking between the two would be this difficult....The dealer does have a second 2018 23 LSV with the larger 450 in it as well again do you guys think it worth going with the larger engine vs the 410?

Have you demo’d either boat? Have the dealer bring both to the water for you to try out and then leave with the one you like the most. 

The 450 is just a tune and it’s not needed for the 23 LSV unless you’re at elevation. The 410 is plenty for that boat at most elevations.

• Like 1

Tough choice.. I would definitely prefer the room of the 23 over the 22 but I like a walkthrough on the MX.. if you do get the 450 you can prop up and save some RPMs.. you're probably take less of a hit on the 23 lsv being traditional bow and better pricing for a larger boat.  Both have their pluses.. 

3 hours ago, NWBU said:

Have you demo’d either boat? Have the dealer bring both to the water for you to try out and then leave with the one you like the most. 

The 450 is just a tune and it’s not needed for the 23 LSV unless you’re at elevation. The 410 is plenty for that boat at most elevations.

The Boat will be at elevation but dealer has sold a ton of 410s into the Mountain lake ill have my boat mostly at...Thanks for the non boat dealer opinions I still dont know what im going to do but know im getting a Malibu tomorrow 

• Like 1

I debated the 22 vs 23 in 2016.  Ended up getting the 23.  Demo both.  Thought the wave was just a tad better on the 23.  Wife liked the traditional bow look.  We thought the rear room seat being longer  behind the driver was important.   Last; I was able to squeeze the 23 into my garage (by inches) so bought the bigger boat.  So in my case it came down to the rear seat room, fits in the garage and traditional bow looks (keep the wife happy).  

Cannot go wrong with either choice.  As others have said.  More 23's sold than any other model.  If you plan to sell in a year or two resale will be better with the 23.   If you plan to keep then that is not an issue.   Good Luck