Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

stock wiring issue

vinnvegas

Gentlemen, 

I'm new to malibu and I just picked up a new 21 vlx a couple of weeks back. Something is up with the stereo. It seems they have the tower and sub wired backwards. I'm getting zero treble out of the tower speakers and the only way to adjust their volume is to raise and lower the "sub" slider in the touch eq settings. The same goes for the sub its super high in treble and only adjusts when using the tower slider. Any advise where to look for this mix up. I've tried googling some wiring diagrams but before I go messing something up or driving it 6 hours back to the dealer I figured I'd ask here. Thanks guys

12 minutes ago, vinnvegas said:

Any advise where to look for this mix up.

The diagram for the medallion black box is posted in a number of threads here on TMC. The black box outputs is the most logical place for the signal sources to have gotten connected into the wrong harness.