Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 21 VLX

Bushnell

When filling to “surf left” it stops filling before all the bags are filled.  Sometimes it seems like it fills more than others is there sensors in the boat to take inconsideration what weight from the people in the boat and fills to what it thinks?

it has been a struggle to get our wave right.  Anyone have a suggestion of how full all my takes should be?  

TIA

I don’t use the profile to fill the ballast. In my experience it stops filling when hard ranks are full, not necessarily the PnP bags. 

Just press “fill all” on the ballast screen. This will run the pumps until you turn them off so keep an eye on those sacks! Once they’re all full (incl PnP), then load the surf profile to set spread, wedge, and gates. 

Also, I recommend editing the surf profiles to be faster than the factory. Imho 10.6 isn’t fast enough. Set them for 11. I actually like 11.2. I also renamed those profiles as “regular” and “goofy.”

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
10 hours ago, IXFE said:

I don’t use the profile to fill the ballast. In my experience it stops filling when hard ranks are full, not necessarily the PnP bags. 

Just press “fill all” on the ballast screen. This will run the pumps until you turn them off so keep an eye on those sacks! Once they’re all full (incl PnP), then load the surf profile to set spread, wedge, and gates. 

Also, I recommend editing the surf profiles to be faster than the factory. Imho 10.6 isn’t fast enough. Set them for 11. I actually like 11.2. I also renamed those profiles as “regular” and “goofy.”

Agree with this. I just hit fill all. Set the speed and wedge then select which side we are surfing on. You can do all of this from the main ballast screen so it’s just as easy imo. I’ve acually never used one of the presets. Just tweak the wave in from there with speed and wedge adjustments. My crew is constantly changes so a preset would have to be tweaked anyway.