RangeRider

Lost right rear ballast pump

RangeRider

But it isn’t the pump.  Swapped right and left pumps and the right pump runs fine on left side and left pump which was running won’t run on right side.  Checked breakers under right arm rest and none are popped.  Where to go from here?  Thanks for the help.  Boat is 2010 VTX

vanamp

Do you have a volt meter? If not l, grab a cheap on from harbor freight.  Could be a bad switch or the connector at the pump. 

RangeRider

Thanks.  I don’t have a Voltmeter here but I do at home.  The “switch” is the LCD panel on the left side of the dash that can be changed and the button works on the other menus unless there is a relay that I can inspect?  I inspected the plug connection and wiring near the pump before it goes into some flexible wire-loom conduit and it looks fine at least in the engine-bay area.  Thanks again for the reply

Edited by RangeRider

vanamp

Someone else will have to chime in about the control side as I am an axis guy so it's a little less complicated on an axis.  

But not too long ago someone here had some bad connectors at the pump side.  If they are not crimped well the wires could pull out enough to lose connection.  If you need to get up and running quick with limited tools you could always just cut off the connector and splice the wires together but testing with a meter first would be best. 

csleaver

If you have an MTC screen or MUX LCD controls for the ballast pumps then there should be fuses under the dash in the power modules for the fill and drain pumps.

RangeRider

Found the fuses, that was the issue.  Thanks again