Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HU shutting off when transom remotes are used...

Nitrousbird

All installed in '12, new gear.  Alpine iDA-X100M.  Have all the trimmings; wireless remote, two transom remotes (one on the transom, one that never gets used in the port seat storage pocket), Sirius tuner, Imprint box (100% requirement for the Alpine HU's)...only thing missing is the Bluetooth box as I could never get it to function.

Regardless, all has worked pretty flawlessly since install, including heavy use this past Sunday.  Took it out today, sitting on the platform I tried to use the transom remote and the display was blank.  Hit a button and several seconds later the HU shut off.  Press power on the HU and it came right back on.  Display came back on the rear transom remote too, but went out soon after.  Hit a button and it shut off again.  

At that point, I pulled the fuse on it.  The looked at the port pocket remote.  It was responding super slowly and eventually the HU shut off again.  I decided to stop playing with the remotes and the HU never had an issue the remainder of the day.  

Changes:  Only thing that changed since Sunday was I swapped out the battery.  House battery was getting a bit weak when running all the ballast pumps for an extended period of time with the boat off.  Swapped in the previous stereo battery into the house battery spot (1 year old, no issues) and put the new battery in the stereo battery slot.  Both batteries are identical.  

The transom remote is powered by 12V but is a wireless unit.   I paired these things 5-6 years ago, so I don't recall the process but they don't need re-paired after a power outage.  Any common issues with Alpines doing this BS before I start digging into further troubleshooting?