ccoop

Stupid Question - enabling surf gate

ccoop

Just got the boat in the water and surf gate won't work.   Everywhere I read it says "make sure it's enabled in both places".   2016 VTX...please remind me where they should be enabled?  

TIA!

Patrice Forest

Mine would not deply until I did a calibration under settings.

granddaddy55

Surf gate Enabled is right above surfgate calibration and surfgate service in the menup. Hold the two buttons on gauges to enter setup and toggle choices as per button labels 

hethj7
54 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Surf gate Enabled is right above surfgate calibration and surfgate service in the menup. Hold the two buttons on gauges to enter setup and toggle choices as per button labels 

That is for an Axis.   On the Bu, it should just be on the 7" touchscreen.   

ccoop

Thanks guys.   I don't see any "enable" button.  

I went into service mode and got the port side surfgate to open, starboard never would.   No error messages and when trying to surf it actually acts like it's deploying the surfgate but doesn't.    I may have to pull the boat out of the water and see if it's electrical.

Five Cent Worth

I had the same thing this past weekend.  Dealer came out to look at it and said there was a cable under the dash that was disconnected.  Not 100% certain that was it - but none the less, it works now.

ccoop

Thanks...unfortunately the boat is hours away at this point.  I'm probably going to have it towed to the dealer.  I've had the following with the boat (this is the third season):  7" screen went out, starboard surfgate cable caught in actuator/shock and ripped and now this.  Not real thrilled with the performance so far.