Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LoadofBollocks

2018 tuning amps software

Recommended Posts

LoadofBollocks

Has anyone figured out a way to tune the new 2018 Malibu branded Wet Sounds amps yourself without having to send them back to Wet Sounds or dealer network? I’ve searched but haven’t been lucky at finding any info on the subject. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cboom12

There is threads discussing this out there. From what understand they can’t/ won’t tune them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Janzalone

If you contact your local WS Dealer they can get a dongle tuned to your requested configuration and sent to them to load in your amp in boat. Its like pulling teeth, most common answer is “ I don’t know what you are talking about.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MLA

Wet Sounds nor Malibu do not provide custom tunes for OEM DSP amps. Tunes need to be created by local dealer doing the work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nitrousbird
On 7/16/2018 at 11:56 PM, MLA said:

Wet Sounds nor Malibu do not provide custom tunes for OEM DSP amps. Tunes need to be created by local dealer doing the work. 

That seems like a bad policy for the customer (great for the warranty I'm sure).  How many dealers have the slightest clue on adjusting amps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MLA
8 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

That seems like a bad policy for the customer (great for the warranty I'm sure).  How many dealers have the slightest clue on adjusting amps?

Ask Indmar/Malibu about a custom tune for your boat engine :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cowwboy
On 7/18/2018 at 6:25 PM, MLA said:

Ask Indmar/Malibu about a custom tune for your boat engine :cheers:

And even when you have the software to program the ECU's the fuel curves are Password protected so you can't make minor corrections.
But at least for Indmar they were quick to give me the name of a dealer that had the capability to re-tune if I did any upgrades to my 350.
And for Mercury there are tons of companies that can do the same tuning also. 

But it would be nice if someone made software to be able to get into the amps configurations. 
Maybe in a few years someone will release it. Even if it logged the change in the amps, sort of like car ECU's that will show if they have ever had a tuner on them. For warranty purposes.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
COOP
On 7/16/2018 at 10:56 PM, MLA said:

Wet Sounds nor Malibu do not provide custom tunes for OEM DSP amps. Tunes need to be created by local dealer doing the work. 

No dealer has the software to do this. I have been in touch a few that I heard had it, but they dont. All they were doing is reloading factory tunes with the dongles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
COOP
On 7/18/2018 at 6:14 PM, Nitrousbird said:

That seems like a bad policy for the customer (great for the warranty I'm sure).  How many dealers have the slightest clue on adjusting amps?

There is no adjusting the new amps. Much like factory high end car audio systems, they are what they are.

Edited by COOP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MLA
2 hours ago, COOP said:

No dealer has the software to do this. I have been in touch a few that I heard had it, but they dont. All they were doing is reloading factory tunes with the dongles.

Dont know what else to tell you. Ive provided a link to you where another member had his tuned and his post even named the shop that did it. Also shared what I was told by wet sounds. If thats changed since that time, then oh well, its changed since then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spikew919
2 hours ago, COOP said:

There is no adjusting the new amps. Much like factory high end car audio systems, they are what they are.

I adjusted mine but that’s all I can say at this time 🤷🏻‍♂️.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
COOP
2 hours ago, MLA said:

Dont know what else to tell you. Ive provided a link to you where another member had his tuned and his post even named the shop that did it. Also shared what I was told by wet sounds. If thats changed since that time, then oh well, its changed since then. 

Yes I know. And Ive talked to said dealer with no luck. Wet Sounds has recently cleared house of most of the people that have been there awhile. My guess is that one of those people gave out the software to some people. Wet Sounds told me that under no circumstances would they release the software to anyone.

At any rate, Im done beating this horse. If youve found a way to actually tune and not just load OEM setting, kudos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IXFE
12 hours ago, COOP said:

At any rate, Im done beating this horse. If youve found a way to actually tune and not just load OEM setting, kudos.

He hasn’t found squat. He has zero first hand experience on this subject. He’s simply doing that thing where he pretends to be the subject matter expert but his only source is some other dude’s forum post from eons ago. 

He’s been asked before for a real link to a dealer or stereo shop that can do it but has never produced one. 

Anyway, move along. Nothing to see here, as usual. Just empty calories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teamerickson

Thanks Tim!

Welcome back! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
21 hours ago, wetsounds1 said:

Let me clarify some points here. The factory DSP amps are pre tuned from the factory. They cannot be adjusted just like any automotive high end car. You cannot take your Cadillac and “re tune” the BOSE system. This is the way it Is on oem car and the way the marine oem side is moving towards. You get a reliable high performance system with less warranty issues. It does make the amps obsolete if you plan to add more and go bigger. Just like automotive oem. 

MLA is right as there was some dealers with the software as we had planned on allowing some select dealers to have the DSP line. Some have tuned amps and done this in the past. We have asked the ones who have the software to please not re tune them any longer.  The reason being, There is no way to tell if the amp has the factory tune or aftermarket tune. As the tune is held in the programmer not the amp. Because of this. We cannot tell what happened to a system or what tune. For example,If someone blows all the speakers and takes it to Malibu. It falls on us and makes us look bad and like our products don’t hold up. When in reality it was a aftermarket tune.  This is the reason why and the same reason why the automotive oem audio systems are done this way. It is for a long lasting high performance system.

We are always adding updated tunes and pushing to get more output while maintaining that safe level. The factory systems are the highest performing factory marine audio systems out there. You can get with your dealer and have them get a updated dongle with the most recent tune and re flash to a new oem tune if you would like.

Tim

Wet Sounds 

So a 2019 being delivered in a week or two will have a different turn then say a 2017 with the same stereo package? What changed if you don’t mind me asking? I’m just generally curious because in the 2017 we demo’d they stereo is good but I imagine there is a lot more potential in it. I fully understand trying to find the balance between the best sound/tune without the risk of damaging components for high warranty claims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roonedoggie

I am getting a 2018 24MXZ hopefully :)... is there a manual / document that describes the current amp setup? In my 2014 when I decided to add new amps, towers speakers and EQ... basically I no longer used the rockford system.  Is that the case with the Malibu WetSounds system... is proprietary?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
COOP
On 7/21/2018 at 4:05 AM, IXFE said:

He hasn’t found squat. He has zero first hand experience on this subject. He’s simply doing that thing where he pretends to be the subject matter expert but his only source is some other dude’s forum post from eons ago. 

He’s been asked before for a real link to a dealer or stereo shop that can do it but has never produced one. 

Anyway, move along. Nothing to see here, as usual. Just empty calories. 

I dont know if this is directed at me or not, but allow me to clarify. I called one of the three dealers that have the kit to actually change the DSP settings, they can do it. they will not share the kit. So there are a few audio dealers (not boat dealers) that have been able to modify the settings. The one I spoke with wouldnt really say how they got the software and cable, but my guess is that he wined and dined someone from wet sounds. He also was making headway on his own to modify the amps, so WS decided to give him the kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boardjnky4
24 minutes ago, COOP said:

I dont know if this is directed at me or not, but allow me to clarify. I called one of the three dealers that have the kit to actually change the DSP settings, they can do it. they will not share the kit. So there are a few audio dealers (not boat dealers) that have been able to modify the settings. The one I spoke with wouldnt really say how they got the software and cable, but my guess is that he wined and dined someone from wet sounds. He also was making headway on his own to modify the amps, so WS decided to give him the kit.

The answer is right above, straight from Wetsounds...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
COOP

Yeah. I saw it after I posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cowwboy
On 7/21/2018 at 10:16 AM, wetsounds1 said:

Let me clarify some points here. The factory DSP amps are pre tuned from the factory. They cannot be adjusted just like any automotive high end car. You cannot take your Cadillac and “re tune” the BOSE system. This is the way it Is on oem car and the way the marine oem side is moving towards. You get a reliable high performance system with less warranty issues. It does make the amps obsolete if you plan to add more and go bigger. Just like automotive oem. 

MLA is right as there was some dealers with the software as we had planned on allowing some select dealers to have the DSP line. Some have tuned amps and done this in the past. We have asked the ones who have the software to please not re tune them any longer.  The reason being, There is no way to tell if the amp has the factory tune or aftermarket tune. As the tune is held in the programmer not the amp. Because of this. We cannot tell what happened to a system or what tune. For example,If someone blows all the speakers and takes it to Malibu. It falls on us and makes us look bad and like our products don’t hold up. When in reality it was a aftermarket tune.  This is the reason why and the same reason why the automotive oem audio systems are done this way. It is for a long lasting high performance system.

We are always adding updated tunes and pushing to get more output while maintaining that safe level. The factory systems are the highest performing factory marine audio systems out there. You can get with your dealer and have them get a updated dongle with the most recent tune and re flash to a new oem tune if you would like.

Tim

Wet Sounds 

Any plans to have A non OEM line of DSP amps or EQ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wetsounds1
On 7/22/2018 at 7:57 AM, ahopkinsTXi said:

So a 2019 being delivered in a week or two will have a different turn then say a 2017 with the same stereo package? What changed if you don’t mind me asking? I’m just generally curious because in the 2017 we demo’d they stereo is good but I imagine there is a lot more potential in it. I fully understand trying to find the balance between the best sound/tune without the risk of damaging components for high warranty claims.

You nailed it.  It is just more time on the systems and finding that balance between the best sound and the safest.  We want the highest performing system out there but also have to understand the warranty side.  Just like a diesel truck.  Ford gives you 400 horse power.  Every year, they go up 5 or 10 or little bit more torque.  They find better tunes for the engine as they have more time. They give the best they can for power and reliability.  Now that engine has a lot more potential when you start putting custom tunes and bigger turbos and delete the dpf.  i am one of those guys.  i have built a 750 HP super duty and blew the engine. I knew i had no warranty but thats what i decided to do.  Same goes for stereos.  Majority are super happy with factory system and love it.  There are those that want more bass or more volume and 10 rev 10's on the tower.  So there is aftermarket for those guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wetsounds1
20 hours ago, roonedoggie said:

I am getting a 2018 24MXZ hopefully :)... is there a manual / document that describes the current amp setup? In my 2014 when I decided to add new amps, towers speakers and EQ... basically I no longer used the rockford system.  Is that the case with the Malibu WetSounds system... is proprietary?

 

current amp set up will be a Malibu version of the SYN DX 6 DSP running interior and sub and Malibu version of the SYN DX 2 DSP running the towers.  Everything has em waterproof plugs for the amps.  There are threads about dealers custom making their own adapters taking the plug to an rca and adding other amplifiers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wetsounds1
1 hour ago, cowwboy said:

Any plans to have A non OEM line of DSP amps or EQ? 

yes, we have plans for some non OEM DSP for sure.  Not sure timeline but def in the works.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...