Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can't get surf gate all the way up on the trailer

Hey all. We're trying to install an aftermarket surf pipe on our new A22 and we can't seem to get the surf gate all the way to the top position to make sure the pipe is in the right place and they don't touch. Is there a trick someone can recommend? Thanks so much in advance!

Sarah

I think the only way to move the gates when on the trailer is to use service mode on the screen.    Or, you can bleed off the pressure on the actuator using the reddish colored bolt to release pressure and move it manually.    This assumes Axis uses the same actuators as Malibu.   

ahopkins22LSV

If you have a power wedge you will need to switch from gps speed to paddle wheel. Then have someone under the trailer spinning the paddle wheel to simulate that you are idling in the water and have someone in the boat to bring the wedge up. Or don’t switch speed control and trailer the boat around your neighborhood. Your neighbors may just look at you funny. 

If you have a manual wedge and you can’t get it up it must be bent or something happened to it. Hopefully this isn’t the case. 

This is assuming you mean the wedge and not surf gate. :) 

Yes, I meant the power wedge. For whatever reason, GPS mode isn't available so I had to get my DH under the boat with a hose spinning the paddle wheel! Thanks all! :) I really wanted to ride around the neighborhood making boat noises from up top. Oh well. Next time.

• Like 1

You can move the wedge up and down by using the helm info center setup menu - wedge service, and the wedge up, wedge down buttons on the dash.  You will need to push the dash buttons repeatedly to move the wedge a little at a time.