Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 vlx ballast not working,

Kdmann64

Just bought the boat, all the ballast switch lights work, some I can hear them come in when trying to drain, but none fill.  These are reversible pumps right? Two in the engine compartment, by trans, u dear rear seat, and two in the small compartment in floor beside drivers seat?  What's my best option to replace?  What is cheap pump to get it all going. .?

also power wedge gauge is not working , and the boat thinks the wedge is down,. I'm doing some searches but any info would b appreciated. 

12 minutes ago, Kdmann64 said:

Just bought the boat, all the ballast switch lights work, some I can hear them come in when trying to drain, but none fill.  These are reversible pumps right? Two in the engine compartment, by trans, u dear rear seat, and two in the small compartment in floor beside drivers seat?  What's my best option to replace?  What is cheap pump to get it all going. .?

also power wedge gauge is not working , and the boat thinks the wedge is down,. I'm doing some searches but any info would b appreciated. 

if they are factory pumps then they are not reversible.. from thru hull on bottom of boat to ballast tank is the fill pump, from tank to thru hull on side of boat is drain.. The two by the transmission should be the fills for the left and right rear tanks... 

For replacement, easiest to by the same as the pump that is already installed and just change the cartridge... They all cost about the same

For the power wedge.. did you check the fuse? 

I have the same boat. If your wedge actuators are still working you need to lower it all the way down to recalibrate it. The actuators fail pretty frequently. Some guys manually turn the actuators then reattach the wedge to bring it up. If you are blowing fuses it is one of the symptoms of at least one actuator is going out, and the misalignment is blowing the fuse.

If it is on the trailer and you have a paddle wheel you will need someone to spin the paddle wheel so you can lower the wedge.

Edited by Dodger40

Where is th fuse, under the radio or does it have a separate one somewhere.  I'm taking it to the lake tomorrow to see exactly what's woe,img and what's not.  I'll double check which pumps work and just replace the ones that are bad 

does boat have to be in gear to lower the wedge? 

I’m not exactly sure about the fuse location. I think there is a thread on here about it. I was also wondering if the actuators had been replaced? It is possible the wedge is binding on a side. Also I can’t remember if the Lenco actuators are 3 lobe or 5 from the factory. If they were 3 you can’t get those anymore and they are replaced with 5. Some people have had to replace the control module under the dash for the gauge to work. Others have had no issues.

Here is the thread with the fuse info

Edited by Dodger40

Update: thanks, it was the fuse,. I found the amp fuse inline, now I can make the wedge go up and down.  

However, the gauge does not work, I think I need to recalibrate but can't figure out how, not a big deal except, when I get to 25mph the display beeps at me and warns the wedge is down, when it's not. 

Whats next?

Here is a link from Bakes about the actuators. You can lookup what type you have to see if you need to replace box for the gauge to work. https://www.bakesonline.com/power-wedge-actuator-5-lobe-malibu-boats.html

I think there is an option in the LCD display you can choose to disable your wedge. I have heard some guys do that when they aren’t using it. Wish I knew more! Maybe someone else can help you?

One is to fill the center the other is to fill the bow.  The drain pumps are attached to the tanks themselves. To get to the bow drain pump you have to remove the carpeted piece that comes up from the floor to the bow (looks like a step riser).  IT should have a couple of screws in bow, one on the right side one on the left.  Once removed the bow drain pump is right there. 

I just installed a bow tank on my 07 VLX.  You can see the drain pump in this picture (the hose connected at the top of the tank is the fill line that ultimately connects to the pump in your bilge area):

resized_IMG_20180706_161016736.jpg